The Dark Tower Series I - 7 First/First

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
TrueNorth

The Dark Tower Series I - 7 First/First

Post by TrueNorth »

These are bright and beautiful. All are mylar protected expect Vol II which is still in original wrap. I took extra shots of The Gunslinger. It has minor marks on the top and bottom of the spine and backcover lower corner (not a tear, ink is chipped off). I can take more pics if wanted. I am asking $2250. They come with the three Grant slipcovers. We can split the postage.

Thanks for looking..

e_taylor

Re: The Dark Tower Series I - 7 First/First

Post by e_taylor »

I think you're a bit ambitious at that price!

Would you split the set up?

If so what would you be looking for for each? (Specifically the Gunslinger)
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Agree, that price may be a bit high. I paid $550 for my set, that had a nice 2nd edition Gunslinger with the rest fine firsts. I don't see the price difference worth the value of the 1st gunslinger....
allasorte

Post by allasorte »

I've been collecting and selling SK for several years now and I am into not reading, so getting the best as new copy is key to me. I have sold these books and watched them sell and own all, except the "Gunslinger" 1st/1st. What I just saw "Gunslinger" sell for with a nicer dust jacket was for 660.00. Being polite and saying this one is 650.00 could be very realistic. As for the others it goes as followed, for as new copies. Book 2-70.00, Book 3-80.00, Book 4-100.00 plus, Books 5, 6, 7- 15.00 each. That is what they go for.
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

Thanks guys for being so candid about my price. I have been watching the market drop and I can't get wrapped around a $650 Gunslinger. I bought one a few years ago for $1000. The SK market does go up and down. Two weeks ago, Grant sent me a slipcase which was $40 including shipping.

I had thought ....

'The whole was greater than the sum of the parts'. Unread, bright colors and all seven are firsts with slipcases. Yes, the Gunslinger has minor chipping, but no tears.

I would do $1750 and include shipping. I don't want to break the set up.

Sounds like I might be owning these for a while LOL.

Thanks again for the honesty.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Hope my post didn't come across as criticising or too blunt, just commenting that the set was a bit high based on my experience. The market will set the price anyway based on what you end up selling it for. Good luck on the sale!
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

jimimck wrote:Hope my post didn't come across as criticising or too blunt, just commenting that the set was a bit high based on my experience. The market will set the price anyway based on what you end up selling it for. Good luck on the sale!

You were gentle....I didn't take it personal : )

Buying is easy..send money and there you go....easy. For years I have been a buyer of books, I mean a LOT of books, friends and family look at our collection and just smile.

Suzanne and I are getting ready to clear out maybe 200-400 SK or SK related books. Pricing is the hardest part.

I prefer buying and am discovering I may not be a seller. I may rent a van and take a load to Bett's or Very Fine Books and either sell them as a group or put them on consignment.

I have some really great limited editions. I am selling my doubles of MotoKop, The Coffin, It, FDNS, Black House, Doctor Sleep, 11/22/63 to mention a few.

I will post a list shortly with prices.

I am curious what you paid for your coffin... PM me if you don't mind sharing.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

My coffin has some issues, and the price relfected that. The book itself is N/F, and I say that based on a musty smell it has (which once I get some time I am going to try and remove with some damp rid and sealing it in a box together for a few days), but the box itself has some damage/splitting at the corner seams.

The seller recognised this, and so the price took the overall condition in to consideration. That being said I still got a F'n sweet deal.

I paid $1000NZD, which based on the exchange rate is about $800USD. 8-)

IMO, Fine copies of The Stand seem to be selling around the $1700 (ish) mark. Maybe more with original shipping box...?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jimimck wrote:My coffin has some issues, and the price relfected that. The book itself is N/F, and I say that based on a musty smell it has (which once I get some time I am going to try and remove with some damp rid and sealing it in a box together for a few days), but the box itself has some damage/splitting at the corner seams.

The seller recognised this, and so the price took the overall condition in to consideration. That being said I still got a F'n sweet deal.

I paid $1000NZD, which based on the exchange rate is about $800USD. 8-)

IMO, Fine copies of The Stand seem to be selling around the $1700 (ish) mark. Maybe more with original shipping box...?
If you can find me a Fine copy of The Stand for $1700ish or less please PM me NOW :!: ...Why are you still reading I said NOW DAMIT :lol:
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Am I too low? I thought Betts had sold one at that level recently, and I think someone over at DT.org mentioned they paid around that for one late last year.

Oh well, if fine copies are going closer to $2k, that makes my damaged cope an even better deal :mrgreen: