COLLECTOR FORUMS... Ask questions - Get Answers
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Trade Edition of Cycle of the Werewolf
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:47 pm 

Right now there are two Trade Editions of this book listed on eBay at about $75 each. Both descriptions list the jackets as unpriceclipped, but further Q and A provides that neither jacket has a price at all? Is that correct? Did the jacket of the Trade Edition of this book lack a printed price? I can't remember from when I once owned this book and I'm trying to rebuild my collection. Your guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance, Andrea

Post subject: Re: Trade Edition of Cycle of the Werewolf
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:05 pm 

needful_things4me wrote:
Right now there are two Trade Editions of this book listed on eBay at about $75 each. Both descriptions list the jackets as unpriceclipped, but further Q and A provides that neither jacket has a price at all? Is that correct? Did the jacket of the Trade Edition of this book lack a printed price? I can't remember from when I once owned this book and I'm trying to rebuild my collection. Your guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance, Andrea

That is correct. No price on the DJ. And depending on condition, $75 is a great price!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 am 

Agree that $75 is a great price for that book. I would jump on that if the
condition of the jacket is good. That is what will determine the price. Many jackets are faded or have spots. If the jacket is clean, then yea, get it while you can

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 am 

Yep - the Land of Enchantment hardcover release is beautiful...Get it if you can...

Definately - base your cost on the jacket as that's most of the value there...I think the jacket had poor paper or ink that easily faded in normal light over time and was prone to scuffs which would rub off the rust color and leave white. Really check the BACK COVER - since it's all that rust color, it gets hit the worst. Get one, protect the cover, buy one of Tomas's slipcases for it, and store it with the spine facing the back of the shelf in the dark.

Then admire it on special occasions : )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:35 am 
Site Admin

You know this is the book that got me into making slipcases. I bought an otherwise nice copy but the spine was VERY faded. A shame that sunlight killed an otherwise excellent DJ.

That's the reason I put the title on the spine, so you can shelve the slipcase with it's spine out. That way you know the title of the book but don't have it facing the sun and getting those UV rays.

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:47 am 

Thanks for the details on your slipcase Collector. I have in mind to purchase one but unfortunately was outbid at the last minute on both auctions from my original post. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hit upon a good copy at a good price in the next couple of months. Tax time always seem to produce some excellent eBay finds.

Andrea