Display case for 'Knowing Darkness'

Any questions related to limited editions
CyberGhostface

Display case for 'Knowing Darkness'

Post by CyberGhostface »

I was planning on getting a display case for KD just because of how big it is. I'm thinking of purchasing one from here but I was wondering what your thoughts are and if there any potential issues with it given the book's weight. In terms of size I think it should be ok, I tried setting it so that it's slightly bigger than the actual book.

http://www.casesforcollectibles.com/1602.html

I'm aware that George Beahm was selling some in the past but I've contacted him twice and haven't heard back as to if he has any left, so I don't want to hassle him and this is slightly cheaper.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Display case for 'Knowing Darkness'

Post by TheCollector »

I've had some experience with acrylic, the one measurement I don't see here is how thick it is. With the weight of KD I'd check on that...with those measurements I'm guessing it's the gift edition right? I'd say 1/4 thick at least but contact them and see what they recomend vs what's offered on the page there.

If you wind up doing a clear acrylic case post some photos I'd love to see how it turns out.
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

I debated the same thing. Buy it from George. The fit is sooo important and he got it perfect. He also packs it as well as he did the book LOL. From experience put it in spine first.

I think every KD should have one....no NEEDS one. I love it!

grog

Post by grog »

Does anyone have contact info for george? That case does look amazing
CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface »

Well I have the standard slipcased version so that would be too big. I contacted him about one for the smaller version but I don't think he has any.
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

grog wrote:Does anyone have contact info for george? That case does look amazing
In 5 minutes I will email him and ask if its ok to post it here.
TrueNorth

Post by TrueNorth »

I left an email and will post it as soon as I hear back.

You may find this interesting. The KD also came in a Roman Numeral Edition as well with the option of this funky... what would you call it traycase? The case was offered a piano or wood finish.

TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I like that acrylic case myself. I picked up the signed version about a year after it was released and I've found it's getting pretty dusty just laying flat on the top of my shelf. The Acrylic would help with the dust while not adding more bulk then there is already.
CyberGhostface

Post by CyberGhostface »

I just called them (the people who make the case in my first post) and they said the thickness was 1/8 of an inch. I told them the measurements and said it was 13 pounds and they said it would be enough.