January Slipcase (Joyland) update

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

January Slipcase (Joyland) update

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Guys,

Here's what I got form the bindery:

===========================
I will have some of the warehouse folks working on your cases this week. The screen printer is going to start on the prints tomorrow, I should have them Wednesday or Thursday. Should be able to ship them out next week if all goes as planned.

I can't get the material used in the past for the Song of Susannah, The Gunslinger, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass (these all use the same material) and Cycle of the Werewolf. I have something that is very similar. I am sending you swatches so you can ok it before we go ahead and use it.

===========================

If they're shipping out next week (and I'll assume that probably means the 23rd/24th) I should receive these around the 30th. Single orders will start shipping right away, orders with other cases may take a little longer, depending on what the material issues are
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: January Slipcase (Joyland) update

Post by TheCollector »

I received notification that Joyland cases are on their way, should be to me either Thursday or Friday...Guess they made the end of January deadline by the skin of their teeth lol !

In related news, we found an alternate material for Cycle of the Werewolf that's almost identical. However the Dark Tower material was not close enough for my taste, we're still looking for that.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

TheCollector wrote:I received notification that Joyland cases are on their way, should be to me either Thursday or Friday...Guess they made the end of January deadline by the skin of their teeth lol !

Yayyy!

John
Carter

Post by Carter »

Forgive me, but aren't tray cases so much less damaging hen slipcases? I've seen slipcases crinkle dust jackets.

If these slipcases are sized slightly larger than issue, than put me down for one!

Thanks in advance.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Carter wrote:Forgive me, but aren't tray cases so much less damaging hen slipcases? I've seen slipcases crinkle dust jackets.

If these slipcases are sized slightly larger than issue, than put me down for one!

Thanks in advance.
I would have preferred a traycase myself, I just think they're nicer but I was asked by the publisher if I would refrain from doing one. I size all my cases to accomodate brodart covers, so none should be super tight, especially if you don't use a mylar DJ protector (although I highly recommend you do so)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Checked UPS today, slipcases are on a weather delay via UPS no current delivery date given, I'll post when I get a new delivery date
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Haha, delivery of cases happened today - so only one day late, and the cases look

GREAT THEY LOOK F-ING GREAT!!!

This means that packing will start this weekend, I'll have a better idea of the timeline of getting all the orders in by the the time the March newsletter goes out on Monday.
Carter

Post by Carter »

Just ordered one.

It's beautiful, and the opening looks to be very well sized. From what I'm seeing in the photos, it doesn't look like this slipcase will damage the DJ at all. Very nice job!
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Hey Tomas.
Just reading your comment regarding the publisher contacting you and requesting you not do a tray case for this.

Just courious as to why you chose to oblige when you mention you would have preferred a tray case yourself? I can only assume you weren't forced in anyway to oblige and so you agreed for personal reasons?

Of course if you'd prefer not to get in to it, no problem. I'm just a bit courious.

Cheers
James.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jimimck wrote:Hey Tomas.
Just reading your comment regarding the publisher contacting you and requesting you not do a tray case for this.

Just courious as to why you chose to oblige when you mention you would have preferred a tray case yourself? I can only assume you weren't forced in anyway to oblige and so you agreed for personal reasons?

Of course if you'd prefer not to get in to it, no problem. I'm just a bit courious.

Cheers
James.
Hiya James,

It basically came down to the question of "Do I want to piss off the publisher by going against their wishes? & if so what do I gain from that?" My answer was no, I don't. The King community is a pretty closely knit group and without getting to big a head about it, I'm a relativity visible part of that community, I don't want to cause some sort of conflict between myself/my site and the publisher.

I think the slipcase turned out amazing and I was able to do it without burning any bridges & that's a good thing for everyone, not just now, but potentially down the road if Hard Case releases any more King titles