Help With Brodart!

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
AlexxKing69

Help With Brodart!

Post by AlexxKing69 »

So I bought a 5 yard roll of 12 inch mylar covers with the slit in the middle (basically just one long cover that gets cut accordingly). Its hard to not get white bars around the top and bottom (which looks really bad on the shelf) and it seems to warping the flaps (where the price would be on the jacket) I don't know if anyone else had the same problem of the covers I've cut out and it seems to be doing more damage to jacket than not covering them at all.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by AlexxKing69 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Help With Brodart!

Post by TheCollector »

Hmm, I've always bought the pre-cut sheets but the principal should be the same, since you're cutting the length yourself I'd make sure:

1) Cut the length a little shorter than the DJ, it's ok if an inch or two of the inner DJ flap is exposed, it's not going to see the light of day anyway & that should stop any "curling"

2) When you're slotting the DJ in, push either the top or bottom all the way down to get it set correctly, you should only making one fold, & grab a ruler and get a nice crease made & then tape the inner paper portion together.

SO I just found an article where a guy is using the big roll, in there he talks about "folding over" the white part that showing, this may help you out. http://www.myromanapartment.com/gifts-readers-brodart/

What may also help you out is just getting the pre-cut sheets in various heights.
AlexxKing69

Post by AlexxKing69 »

I think I got it mostly figured out now but I'm going to try "Just-A-Fold" soon. Those are supposed to be easier to use.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I use those often, they're great.
ke7285

Post by ke7285 »

I agree , precut are nice and easy to use.
AlexxKing69

Post by AlexxKing69 »

Yeah but they cost more money.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

True, but when you're spending $50 - $500 per book I think the extra $1 per item is a small price to pay.
AlexxKing69

Post by AlexxKing69 »

TheCollector wrote:True, but when you're spending $50 - $500 per book I think the extra $1 per item is a small price to pay.
Thats true but I haven't payed over $50 a single book (I have paid close though) I probably will at some point though.
Carter

Post by Carter »

AlexxKing69 wrote:I think I got it mostly figured out now but I'm going to try "Just-A-Fold" soon. Those are supposed to be easier to use.
I use just-a-fold. I highly recommend them.