New traycase for The Stand coming shortly

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

New traycase for The Stand coming shortly

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

I'll be sending out a newsletter tomorrow but I thought I'd give my fellow forum fans the heads up. After a Looooooong delay I'm happy to announce there will be a new Traycase for "The Stand". The case represents my most ambitious design yet complete with a window that shows off the artwork of the book and the use of magnets to keep the traycase closed.

I'm going to throw in a teaser pic of my daughter holding one of the prototype copies.
More details to follow this week:

e_taylor

Re: New traycase for The Stand coming shortly

Post by e_taylor »

TheCollector wrote:Hey folks,

I'll be sending out a newsletter tomorrow but I thought I'd give my fellow forum fans the heads up. After a Looooooong delay I'm happy to announce there will be a new Traycase for "The Stand". The case represents my most ambitious design yet complete with a window that shows off the artwork of the book and the use of magnets to keep the traycase closed.

I'm going to throw in a teaser pic of my daughter holding one of the prototype copies.
More details to follow this week:

Looks pretty amazing Tomas!

What is the price going to be on these? Do you have any other slipcases/traycases in the works?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ah that's all for tomorrow! It's just a sneak peek today :)
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

TheCollector wrote:Ah that's all for tomorrow! It's just a sneak peek today :)
haha you devil you!

Well thanks for the teaser then!
jemaher

Post by jemaher »

Most awesome..... I need these!
jemaher

Post by jemaher »

Not so patiently waiting for updates!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jemaher wrote:Not so patiently waiting for updates!
The annoucment should be hitting your mailbox any minute. In the mean time if you refresh the main page you'll see the new info!

Post any questions you have for me.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

So we have up until the 20th to get a pre-order in? As in, the cut-off for pre orders is the 20th?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

The cutoff for the pre-order pricing is the 20th. That's when I commit my production run with the bindery.

Since I'm rounding it to the nearest group of 100 there will be some extras and they will be available for $58.95 starting on the 21st until they're sold out. (So if on the 20th I have 246 pre-orders I'll tell them to make 300 leaving me with 54 extra for sale at $58.95). Once those extras sell out that's it.

Basically it's a way for me not to have to guess on the demand for the case and not have to store these for months OR run out by guessing to small of a run and having to turn people away.

I was also able to set a slightly lower price on the pre-orders then I would have if I had just guessed at a set number to produce. Had I done this the old fashoned way I would have needed to set the price around $52-$54... but the extras at a higher price should hopefully make up the difference
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a shipping status update on the Traycases. Originally the cases were supposed to arrive tomorrow and the first cases were being sent out Monday.

The cases have been shipped out, but UPS's latest estimates are that they will arrive Tuesday, which means I'll be sending the first batches out Wednesday.

If your order was over 5 cases it was drop shipped to you on Tuesday the 10th and you should be seeing your cases in the next couple business days.

More updates when I get them.... If you have any questions just ask!