Which of these 2 Shining editions would be more desirable?

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
chc214

Which of these 2 Shining editions would be more desirable?

Post by chc214 »

Hello, I have 2 copies of The Shining and neither are first editions. I am wondering however which one would be more desirable to own. One is a book club edition which of course is smaller but has the wrap around artwork on the dust jacket. The other is a full size book but instead of the lions on the back that wrap around it is just simply green. I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm trying to make my collection as nice as possible for what I can currently find. Please let me know which one you would prefer in your collection. Thank you!
chc214

Re: Which of these 2 Shining editions would be more desirabl

Post by chc214 »

I also want to add that the book club edition is rougher than the full size one with the green back. Thanks!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Actually, it's up to your personal preference. Neither book has any real "collectible" value, so you'll have to decide which of the two you prefer, or, alternatively, keep both!

John
chc214

Post by chc214 »

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I agree with John in that neither have any real value, but I'd want the one that is the original smaller ize ove rthey other edition, even if just as a place holder until you maybe pick up a true first edition one day.

I have place holders of Carrie and Salem's lot that are the original small size, and I like how they look lined up on my shelf, showing how real ones should look...
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jimimck wrote:I agree with John in that neither have any real value, but I'd want the one that is the original smaller ize ove rthey other edition, even if just as a place holder until you maybe pick up a true first edition one day.

I have place holders of Carrie and Salem's lot that are the original small size, and I like how they look lined up on my shelf, showing how real ones should look...
I'd agree with that. Although neither are particularly collectible - keeping the one that has the same demensions as the 1st edition makes for a better placeholder than the larger sized one.