Saying Hello

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
jimimck

Re: Saying Hello

Post by jimimck »

Dude!

The holy grail! Very nice. I so want one of those.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Beautiful! One of the "Holy Grails" of King collecting! Which number did you get?

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ah that's a nice one. I had a copy myself for a while but let it go to pay for some other books. (sigh)
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

Thanks, this has been on my ‘someday’ list for a long time and after missing out on one earlier this year that went for a pretty good price I decided it was time to ‘step up to the plate’/’bite the bullet’ and went for the best example I could fine. So John to answer your question I didn’t go for a numbered edition I went for a lettered edition (it’s XX). The asking price was too high and I made an offer that I was comfortable with and they accepted it.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

racerx45 wrote:Thanks, this has been on my ‘someday’ list for a long time and after missing out on one earlier this year that went for a pretty good price I decided it was time to ‘step up to the plate’/’bite the bullet’ and went for the best example I could fine. So John to answer your question I didn’t go for a numbered edition I went for a lettered edition (it’s XX). The asking price was too high and I made an offer that I was comfortable with and they accepted it.
Wow a lettered ed of The Stand, color me jealous! If I ever sprang for one though, you could color me broke!!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I'm envious too. I have the numbered (#654) edition (I got in 1991 for $750!) that I still store in the original shipping box. I'd love to have a lettered edition also, although I know there isn't really any difference between the two.

John
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

Thanks John,
I have the shipping box also but I can’t bear (or should I say I can’t Stand) to leave it hidden away like that. It was a healthy chunk of change but I am happy I went with it. Now that I have it here there are two thing I hadn’t notice before and I have not seen on any of the currently available numbered editions. The first is Mr. Wrightson signed in green ink which I have only seen on one other copy (#577), I am sure there are more but it looks like most were in blue ink. The other is that Mr. Wrightson was not as consistent with his signature as Mr. King is and the one in this book is nicer that some of the others I have seen. I know neither of these make a big difference but I am happy about both.

jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Beautiful!

John