Happy New Year everyone - Thanks for dropping by!

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Happy New Year everyone - Thanks for dropping by!

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

I just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a happy new year and thank everyone that's posted in the forums. It may not match the massive dt.com forums in size but you all have made it a cozy little place to hang out ;)

Here's to a great 2009!
jhanic

Re: Happy New Year everyone - Thanks for dropping by!

Post by jhanic »

And a VERY Happy New Year to you, too, Tomas!

John
agrabin

Post by agrabin »

Happy New Year to you Tomas and to everyone else. Here's to a 2009 with a minimum of stress for all (and to a few good purchases as well, credit crunch permitting of course. :)
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Hello everyone. A little late but Happy New Year

I'm Mulleins

Hopefully I'll be posting here on a regular basis now and bringing my collecting knowledge to an already awesome site.

I've been collecting King since 1980. I have several collecting contacts, not only in the US but across the world. Hopefully I can bring some of their experience to this site as well.

I use a software program called Book Collectorz. http://www.collectorz.com/book/ to manage and keep my collection straight.

What do you use?

Mulleins
Cumberland VA
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Hey Ralph! Welcome to this forum!

I use an Excel spreadsheet for my collection. The Book Collectorz software just won't handle the number of items I have, if I remember correctly (I tried to use it once long ago, but couldn't get everything in it.)

John
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

jhanic wrote:Hey Ralph! Welcome to this forum!

I use an Excel spreadsheet for my collection. The Book Collectorz software just won't handle the number of items I have, if I remember correctly (I tried to use it once long ago, but couldn't get everything in it.)

John
The 6.0 Pro is very user friendly and owner driven. The demo version only allows 100 entries but the full version has no limits. What's really cool about the software is being able to post a custom picture, special notes, value, purchase price, etc. with the book.

I've always been concerned of how my wife would be able to handle my collection if something happened to me. This software allows her to see the value (I keep it updated weekly) and rarity of an item and matches a picture to it. I also keep contact notes so she will have someone to contact that I trust for selling help.

Mulleins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Thanks, Ralph! I'll have to look into it.

You keep your prices updated weekly!?! WOW!

I think if I tried to do that, I wouldn't get much of anything else done.

John
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

jhanic wrote:Thanks, Ralph! I'll have to look into it.

You keep your prices updated weekly!?! WOW!

I think if I tried to do that, I wouldn't get much of anything else done.

John
Well, it's one of those morning coffee routines. I'm an early riser. Always have been.

Ralph
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Good to see you here Ralph.

Can I steal your Book Collectorz software? I really hate typing and yours has all the details already typed in. :lol:
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:Good to see you here Ralph.

Can I steal your Book Collectorz software? I really hate typing and yours has all the details already typed in. :lol:
:mrgreen: No problem. I'll email you my backup. Just ignore the pictures of the books that are signed directly to me :) Tell everyone it's a typo and King must of had issues when he personalized the books.

But seriously, the software is the best I've seen. I have enjoyed taking the pictures, putting in the data, and keeping it updated when the values go up and down. I keep my value column very conservative.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA