Misery First Printing?

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
AlexxKing69

Misery First Printing?

Post by AlexxKing69 »

Can someone tell me ways of finding out how to tell a first print of Misery? It doesn't have a print line so is the jacket price the only way? Or was there only one print run of it?
And does only the first printing say "First published by Viking in 1987"?
jhanic

Re: Misery First Printing?

Post by jhanic »

Check out the listing for Misery in the 1st Editions section here on the site.

http://skcollector.com/1st/misery.html

John
AlexxKing69

Post by AlexxKing69 »

jhanic wrote:Check out the listing for Misery in the 1st Editions section here on the site.

http://skcollector.com/1st/misery.html

John
I did but there's a very small amount of information about that book (As there is with most Viking books) but it says there shouldn't be anything about later editions printed on it, so does that mean that later printings had a print line?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I'm not sure.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I'd need to go find a later printing to see what it says but if you go back to the misery info page and click on the picture of the cover you'll see a large version of the 1st edition copyright page. If your Dj matches and the copyright page matches you should have a 1st edition.
AlexxKing69

Post by AlexxKing69 »

TheCollector wrote:I'd need to go find a later printing to see what it says but if you go back to the misery info page and click on the picture of the cover you'll see a large version of the 1st edition copyright page. If your Dj matches and the copyright page matches you should have a 1st edition.
Were there definitely other printings of the first edition?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

AlexxKing69 wrote:
TheCollector wrote:I'd need to go find a later printing to see what it says but if you go back to the misery info page and click on the picture of the cover you'll see a large version of the 1st edition copyright page. If your Dj matches and the copyright page matches you should have a 1st edition.
Were there definitely other printings of the first edition?
i don't know, I would expect so however because in order for the print run to be considered a 2nd edition it would have to have some substantial change to the book. I doubt that happened as often as just reprinting the book again when it sells out (at least back in the day, before everything went digital)