Gunslinger Value?

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
jimimck

Gunslinger Value?

Post by jimimck »

Hi team,
I have been given an opportunity to purchase a 1st Gunslinger. I've been provided these photos to help determine a fair price.

Now I know I'm not looking at a perfect copy, and the price on offer reflects its condition, so just hoping you experts out there could give your thoughts as to its value:

TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Gunslinger Value?

Post by TheCollector »

Hey Jimimck,

Hmm, well I'd put a bookstore retail price range of $450 - $525. I'm not quite sure from the pic if I see light water damage, or some other kind of staining where that discoloration is.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Hey Tomas.
Yeah it is some staining on the page block itself, as well as an owner stamp.

I asked the same question on DT.org, and prices ranged from don't buy it at all its crap, through to a range of $250-500. The most comments had it around the $300-350 mark.

Good news for me is the seller took all the comments on board, and we agreed on $250!

I think it's a great deal at that, as I'd never be able to lay down the kinda coin required for a fine copy, so now I have a first Gunslinger in my collection! Yay me.
systemcrashoverride

Post by systemcrashoverride »

Congrats Jimimck,

I bought the only copy I've ever seen in person (a 1st/ 2nd printing) and mine's got scotch tape all over the dust jacket edges, lol. When it comes to early Grant editions, I take what I can get. Suffice it to say that yours is in much nicer shape than mine, so congrats again.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

That's a great price, congratulations! Private sale usually winds up being less than "retail" but in any setting $250 for a 1st/1st that has an intact (if ripped) DJ is a great price.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Thanks guys.
Yeah I'm wrapped with the price.

I know have a first, second and third edition. Might have to invest in another of your cases Tomas, as my third edition will be relegated out of one now...