Joyland boxed, sealed, and numbered...

Any questions related to limited editions
Carter

Joyland boxed, sealed, and numbered...

Post by Carter »

Anyone leaving the book in the box sealed? The book itself is wrapped in a plastic which is certaily not archival quality; same with the box. So why am I nuts enough to be tempted to leave as shipped from the publisher?

Is anyone else as diseased in the mind as I am?

Thanks in advance :D
jhanic

Re: Joyland boxed, sealed, and numbered...

Post by jhanic »

I got two copies and I opened both. There have, in the past, books that had missing signature sheets, binding errors, etc. and I wanted to be sure they were okay. I've not heard of any such problems with the Joyland editions, though.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I'll admit I have a few sealed books, but this one is getting opened and put into broadart so it can get properly sized for a slipcase.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Would that be slipcases for everyone?
Carter

Post by Carter »

I'd also be interested in who can make a slipcase for this issue.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Bob M wrote:Would that be slipcases for everyone?
Time to subscribe to the newsletter folks, it's that big orange button to the left :mrgreen:

Yes, I'm planning to making an aftermarket slipcase for Joyland. I just got my copy over the weekend, now it's off to the bindery. The prototyping stage takes a couple months (assuming there's not to many do overs) then we get in line for production.

I won't open up ordering until I have a working protoype in hand and a (somewhat) firm production date in place. So Expect more news in the fall.
doktordru

Post by doktordru »

TheCollector wrote:
Bob M wrote:Would that be slipcases for everyone?
Time to subscribe to the newsletter folks, it's that big orange button to the left :mrgreen:

Yes, I'm planning to making an aftermarket slipcase for Joyland. I just got my copy over the weekend, now it's off to the bindery. The prototyping stage takes a couple months (assuming there's not to many do overs) then we get in line for production.

I won't open up ordering until I have a working protoype in hand and a (somewhat) firm production date in place. So Expect more news in the fall.
Hi Thomas,

great to hear that you are doing slipcases, I'll look forward to hearing more in due course.

I got my hard cover a few days ago (via FB) and the signed limited arrived today (No33) and I'm delighted!

Just wondered if you might consider doing a slight variant on the slipcase to differentiate the signed edition from the regular? I'll be ordering a slipcase for both, and imagine a few collectors will do likewise as the hardcover had such a low print run.

A differentiated slipcase for the signed would be great!

thanks again

Andrew
thl

Post by thl »

Hi,
count me in for a slipcase :)
DerSchwede

Post by DerSchwede »

thl wrote:Hi,
count me in for a slipcase :)

Hi,
so you can me !

btt.
I know that point - and i keep a lot of stuff in the original packaging - but this is a book - it has to be opended (my opinion)
dnemec

Post by dnemec »

I have another book where the dustjacket was a little messed up because the plastic was left on (and then I subsequently read a thread in here somewhere and was inspired to have a book opening day). It didn't rip, but it's just not shiny, if that makes sense.

I vote to rip that sucker off! :D