Book Signing Nov 6 , 7PM

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
Trashcan Man

Book Signing Nov 6 , 7PM

Post by Trashcan Man »

Just got an email from Lilja about the upcoming book signing event.

Here is the link to the info page :

http://www.odysseybks.com/kingrusso.html
Randall Flagg

Re: Book Signing Nov 6 , 7PM

Post by Randall Flagg »

I ordered 1 book ticket and 1 plain event ticket. I wish he would sign another book besides the new one. Anyway, this is going to be a major undertaking for me, as I live almost 1000 miles away from Western Massachusetts and am afraid of flying. I will be road trippin' from North East Georgia all the way up there. My girlfriend bailed on me since she has to work, so I think I will be bringing along my brother. I know this seems like a lot to go through for a sig, but I don't know if I'll ever have another opportunity to meet Mr. King and get an autograph, as he is doing less and less of these signings. He will never come down south to sign anything, and he is getting on up there in years so this may be my last shot. I may stop in Providence, RI, to see Lovecraft's grave on the way back. Will post pics if I can get out of work.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Good luck on your upcoming adventure! Please try to get lots of pictures, too!

John
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

They are now sold out of book tickets.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks for the update Randall, I'd love to know how the road trip and the actual signing goes. Come back and give us some updates :!:

Good luck!
demorgan

Post by demorgan »

Watch out for the caretaker at lovecrafts grave..ive heard stories of some of them giving people a hard time..
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

I didn't get to go to this signing. Neither my GF or I were able to skate out on work.

Oh - and the woman I talked to on the phone at the book store when I tried to get my money back was not nice - repeat: NOT A NICE LADY!

I called on November 1st and said I couldn't make it and I needed them to refund my credit card. You would have thought I had asked this woman to part the Red Sea. She referred me to some other guy and said to call back when he was there. I never did get ahold of him so I gave up and let them have my $65.00.

I just hope that homeless person in Western Massachusetts sitting under that railroad tressel and scooping out that can of pork and beans with his hands realizes that it was I who purchased that can of Van Camp's. If I made enough money to itemize my taxes I would have asked that mean woman for a receipt.

It doesn't matter - they'll all be sorry when the beams of the Tower begin to collapse and Captain Trips is unleashed!!!

Muuuhhh Ahhhh Haaah Haah Haaaaaahhhh!!!!!!
EarthsMilitantMind

Post by EarthsMilitantMind »

You should have sold the tik on e-bay, when I went to the three kings in DC people were paying 100 a tik that's when I knew I should have brought more than the two I had.
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

I asked the sweet lady about that during our conversation. Again, she referred me to the guy whose name I can't remember. You had to pick them up at the event. Since I wasn't in possession of the tix, I'll wager selling them would have been a real chore, especially on such short notice.

I really shouldn't be complaining. I had no business buying tickets to a book signing in Western Massachusetts on such a whim anyway.

Oh well, I'll just get him to sign something the next time he does a signing in rural North East Georgia. :mrgreen:
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I'd email the shop (their email is odysseybks@aol.com) and tell them what happened. I've been in contact with the store manager (owner?) named Neil regarding the signed books they have on sale and been very pleased with his responses.

John