COLLECTOR FORUMS... Ask questions - Get Answers
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Joyland signed limiteds
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:29 am 

Titan Books is issuing signed lettered, signed numbered and unsigned hardcover editions of Joyland.

http://titanbooks.com/blog/limited-edit ... available/

I've ordered a copy each of the signed numbered and unsigned editions. The lettered editions were sold out.

John

Post subject: Re: Joyland signed limiteds
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:08 am 
Site Admin

Whew, I've updated the main page of the site, but by the time I got to the info both the lettered and limited editions were sold out. From what I've been able to see the limited sold out around 7:20am pacific time. I don't' get to my PC until 7:30ish.

Man I can't remember the last time I missed out on a limited edition, I'm slipping :cry:

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:10 am 

When I saw the LL tweet this morning (probably around the same time as you), I figured there was no no way a lettered edition was still available, but thought I might have a sporting chance at a numbered edition. No such luck.

The timing of tomorrow's 'big announcement' has me curious as to whether CD had already made arrangements to offer a chunk of this edition to their customers. Of course, it's hard for me to believe they would sell a signed Stephen King book for less than $100...

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:25 am 
Site Admin

resrvordog wrote:
When I saw the LL tweet this morning (probably around the same time as you), I figured there was no no way a lettered edition was still available, but thought I might have a sporting chance at a numbered edition. No such luck.

The timing of tomorrow's 'big announcement' has me curious as to whether CD had already made arrangements to offer a chunk of this edition to their customers. Of course, it's hard for me to believe they would sell a signed Stephen King book for less than $100...

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. ;)

LOL, yeah when I saw those prices I thought I was in an episode of the twilight zone...everything was at 1980's prices, but I couldn't buy anything :o

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:18 am 
Site Admin

Just got a hot tip (thanks Bill :!: ) If you change the region from UK to USA in the top right corner of the site, it shows the S/L Joyland as still available to order.

I gave it a shot and it accepted my order anyway, I guess we'll see if it actually goes thru.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 am 

Thansk for the tip! I put my order in too, hopefully it goes through!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 am 

I just ordered my signed edition waiting for confirmation

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:03 am 

Even stephenking.com website posted it to...so the price of $75 sounds like a great deal even confirmed on King's website...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:04 am 

The fact that it still shows the lettered edition as sold out gives me some hope that these sales of the numbered edition will go through. Thanks for the email notification! Would have been bummed to miss out on this twice in one day. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:11 am 

Just got the e-mail on my phone a minute ago. There's a delay on how often it update my inbox so I thought I was screwed. But it took my order for a S/L edition for $75.00 Shipping to Canada was $18.00, but still, for a signed SK book? I'll gladly pay the $100 US. This will be my first signed special edition novel by him. I REALLY REALLY hope that Titan doesn't come back tomorrow and say that they were all sold out and that there was an ordering issue with their online service.

Did people get a confirmation e-mail with their purchase? I got a page that said it went through, but not confirmation e-mail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next