Value of the Gunslinger Signed by illustrator.

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
tricnomistal

Value of the Gunslinger Signed by illustrator.

Post by tricnomistal »

Hello,

This is my first time posting, though I've ventured on to the site to check values of various books before. I come with a question. I own a normal first edition of the Gunslinger that is signed by Michael Whelan. I don't know anything about whether or not his signature ads any market value to the book. I certainly think that it's a neat addition, which I know is the most important part, and I don't plan on selling it, but I was curious if anyone had an idea of how much Mr. Whelan's signature affected the value.

Thanks!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Value of the Gunslinger Signed by illustrator.

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

As a guide to price. Betts Books have sold three recently. The prices were very different:

Gunslinger 1st edition 1982 signed by artist Michael Whelan - Library of Peter Scelfo imprint (from one of those squeeze seals) on bottom title page Fine/Fine - $599

Gunslinger 1st edition 1982 signed by artist Michael Whelan - Fine-/Fine - $775

Gunslinger 1st edition 1982 (only 10,000 printed) signed by artist Michael Whelan - Fine/Fine in slipcase - $800
tricnomistal

Post by tricnomistal »

Thanks for the reply. Essentially, the price doesn't seem to have changed much from a typical first edition of the gunslinger. On another note, thanks for introducing me to this new website.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

tricnomistal, you might also want to check out www.thedarktower.org. It's one of the premier Stephen King sites. One of the forums, Calvin's Corner, is mainly for collectors.

John
tricnomistal

Post by tricnomistal »

jhanic wrote:tricnomistal, you might also want to check out http://www.thedarktower.org. It's one of the premier Stephen King sites. One of the forums, Calvin's Corner, is mainly for collectors.

John
I'll definitely check it out.