UK Salem's Lot - price clip question

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Promo

UK Salem's Lot - price clip question

Post by Promo »

Hi,
Do many unclipped copies of Salem's turn up? How rare are they ? All of the copies available seem to be price clipped.
Best,
Promo
jhanic

Re: UK Salem's Lot - price clip question

Post by jhanic »

I've seen a number of the UK Salem's Lot books with no price-clipped dj. (I have one myself.) You will pay a premium for one, though.

John
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I sold an unclipped one last year, dustjacket was in good condition, for $300usd. I believe I could have got more for it had I wanted to wait for the right buyer, but I was keen to move it on and so accepted an offer.

When I had it on Ebay, there was only one other UK edition listed at the time, and was price clipped.
Promo

Post by Promo »

Thanks for the information guys. John, as a matter of interest, what condition is your copy in? How much do you think I would be looking at paying for a F/F copy?
Cheers,
Brian
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Brian, my copy is fine/fine EXCEPT it's an ex-library copy with the library's name stamped on the title page and on the book block. Other than that, though, it looks like it's never even been opened.

I have no real idea on how much a copy would go for. I haven't been looking at all. I paid a little over $135 for it eight years ago.

John