Stephen king COA

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
jflotx512

Stephen king COA

Post by jflotx512 »

There are so many people selling signed books by Stephen king...what company has a great reputation for authenticating Stephen king signatures for being genuine? What company is best to look for a COA?
jhanic

Re: Stephen king COA

Post by jhanic »

I would not trust ANY company that offers a COA for a signed King book. The COA is worth only what it's printed on.

If you have any questions about a King signature I'd suggest posting a picture on TheDarkTower.org where some real King experts can give you their opinions.

John
jflotx512

Post by jflotx512 »

I do have a limited edition signed by Stephen king which is a authentic signature. What do you think about comparing a none limited edition signed book. Would comparing the two to see if the book signature is real. Has anyone done that before
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

King's signature has changed throughout the years, so it may not be a valid comparison.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

What you need to do is find a comparison photo from the same year it was signed. Why don't you put a photo of the sig here and we'll give you our best (unbinding) opinion on it.

Other then a group consensus I'd probably look to Betts for an opinion. If Betts clears it, then it's good enough for most of us here.
jflotx512

Post by jflotx512 »

Thanks...I was considering taking a chance on eBay and buying a signed book and hoping for the best...I have looked at the same time period of the book to authentic signature and am optimistic and hoping for the best...I might just have to look at betts and maybe post a pic if I do decide on buying one. Than you
jflotx512

Post by jflotx512 »

What if on eBay someone has the ticket and promotional materiel of SK signing? How would you consider that? Something to buy or still be careful with?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

jflotx512 wrote:What if on eBay someone has the ticket and promotional materiel of SK signing? How would you consider that? Something to buy or still be careful with?
I'd be a little more optimistic, but still careful.

John
jflotx512

Post by jflotx512 »

Than you
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jflotx512 wrote:What if on eBay someone has the ticket and promotional materiel of SK signing? How would you consider that? Something to buy or still be careful with?
That's certainly much better, the more provience given the higher chance it's legit. Also if you're getting a book from a singing event - like Lisey's Story for example, it should be pretty easy to compare it with another one from the same tour, possibly even same venue.