Need help pricing and selling First Edition of The Stand

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
TinaR

Need help pricing and selling First Edition of The Stand

Post by TinaR »

I have a First Edition of The Stand, that I want to sell. I am a beginner and have no idea how to price it, as the range of pricing I see on the Internet is very broad. Without knowing the fine distinctions on how to grade the condition, I would say it is in excellent condition. The dust jacket looks good and has a mylar cover. The $12.95 price is on the inner flap. The T39 mark is on page 823. It doesn't have any markings inside, and the binding is in good consition (a little worn on the upper back of the spine.) It is not inscribed.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to price it, and where to sell it? I am an individual seller, and would be willing to take less than full market price, if a professional wanted to buy it.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Need help pricing and selling First Edition of The Stand

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

It is very difficult to price the early Doubleday books without lots of pictures. To be in the top grade, the dustjacket has to be bright white, and not a creamy colour.

The selling price range is totally dependant on the DJ condition. $150 to $450.
TinaR

Post by TinaR »

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. The DJ is in good condition, but is more of a creamy color, it is not white. Any suggestions on where I can sell it? It seems most buyers want to see it in person before committing, so I'm not sure how that works. I can certainly provide many photos to a potential buyer if that would hlep.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Probably eBay. Although prices are not so great at the moment.
TinaR

Post by TinaR »

Thanks, I'll give that a try.