Best King Collection Item?

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
stkmw02

Best King Collection Item?

Post by stkmw02 »

I don't have many expensive King works, though I am trying to obtain some, but I do have quite a few that I consider "valuable"...

I'm interested in learning what YOUR most "valuable" King collectible happens to be. Whether it is an item that is incredibly rare and sells for thousands, or something that has a sentimental value greater than any monetary offer.

For me, I have three very special collection items.

1. My very first Stephen King book. A first edition first printing hardcover copy of Insomnia. I paid $5 for it at a farmer's market when I was nine. It was the very start of my collection and I hope to someday have it signed by the King himself.

2. The animatronic Antubis heads from Kingdom Hospital. These two lifelike anteater heads (complete with inner mechanics) were used on set as stand-ins for the CG character. My husband obtained both the mock-up white furred latex head that was used as a test and the brown furred latex "real life" Antubis. He hangs out on top of our DVD bookcase... and would you believe no one who visits our home even asks about him??

3. The behind the scenes footage from Stephen King's interview on Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments. My husband filmed the interview, so we have the only copies of King's candid moments. While I have not had the pleasure of meeting King myself (it was filmed before I met my husband) I consider my husband a part of my collection for having shook his hand. (No, my husband is not for sale.) ;)

So... what cool King collectibles do you have?
Last edited by stkmw02 on Fri May 11, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Best King Collection Item?

Post by TheCollector »

I have 2 of 25 of the overrun copies of the S/L Skeleton Crew. I think those are pretty special due the rarity. I'm always looking for more of them BTW (THAT'S A NOT SO SUBTLE HINT TO ANYONE WHO COMES ACROSS ONE :mrgreen: )

An original watercolor done by Don Maitz is pretty special for me, not only do I love the content but it was the first original work I acquired. Up till then all I had were prints and lithographs.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I have a handwritten unpublished manuscript. I would say they don't come any rarer than that.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Agreed!

John
RIC

Post by RIC »

Rabbit .. Is the handwritten unpublished manuscript Glory Days? or do you have something additional?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

RIC wrote:Rabbit .. Is the handwritten unpublished manuscript Glory Days? or do you have something additional?
Nothing additional to Glory Days.

The stuff in the Folger Library is all typewritten. There is not much handwritten stuff around.
stkmw02

Post by stkmw02 »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
RIC wrote:Rabbit .. Is the handwritten unpublished manuscript Glory Days? or do you have something additional?
Nothing additional to Glory Days.

The stuff in the Folger Library is all typewritten. There is not much handwritten stuff around.
Oh, how I would love to visit the Folger Library!