A NEW way to determain SK first editions. VIDEO TUTORIALS

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Crazyjake777

A NEW way to determain SK first editions. VIDEO TUTORIALS

Post by Crazyjake777 »

Hello everyone! :D I am proud to anounce that I have finally set up a Youtube account and have been posting videos. Part of these videos will include a series which tells you how to determain the first edition of each and every SK book, as well as limited editions. I currently only have two SK tutorial vids up but plan to get at least 1 up per week from now. There are some SK firsts which I do not have yet but once I buy those I will post tutorials for them too. Here is a link to my channel which also has cooking tutorials, survival skills, book reviews, and much more to come. I will get a playlist going for the 1st ed vids but since I have only posted 7 total videos you shouldn't have trouble navigating my page :) Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCrazyJake451?feature=mhee
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: A NEW way to determain SK first editions. VIDEO TUTORIALS

Post by TheCollector »

That's nice of you to do. I watched the 11/22/63 review just now.

If I can offer two small pieces of advice... I would try to limit the overall time of the review. At 7+ minutes for this review it might be hard to keep the person interested for that long. Also there was a good bit of zooming in and out as well as moving the camera up and down to follow text. I'd try to keep the camera focused at a set distance when possible.

Otherwise I enjoyed seeing some of the details like who took the dustjacket photos, ISBN, and copyright pages.

Just my 2 cents, thanks for putting it up!
bookking

Post by bookking »

yeah make it quick and short. This would really be nice for all the king SL's. I would say not that important for newer king first trades. (maybe carrie, salems lot, shining, cujos, danse macabre, firestarter..etc for 1st trades).
Crazyjake777

Post by Crazyjake777 »

Thanks fort he advice :) Before I was just using a hand held camera, but I now have an high quality recording device with a tripod. Should make all my vids alot easier to record. My plan is to work my way down from newest to oldest, as thos are the books I primarely own. I have been saving up for older king novels thouh.
bookking

Post by bookking »

what about any signed limited's? Now thought vids will get some attention!
Crazyjake777

Post by Crazyjake777 »

That is true, but being only 14 my budget is very tight. Spending 50 or more on book is a bit expensive right now. I do however, make money from people watching my youtube videos and by clicking on my ads, which will bring in a nice profit that I can spend on more King books.
Now that I tell you this, please don't ad bomb me :) If one person repeditly clicks on ads google could suspend my account for suspicious behavior.