insomnia question

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
thl

insomnia question

Post by thl »

Hi,
I've noticed on Insomnia 1st/1st viking edition that the DJ has a price of £18.00 in the lower corner (and the price in USD and CDN in the upper part) and "(export only)" right near the price. Is that common ? I don't have other 1st from viking nearby so I can't check. I thought that US edition could not be sold overseas because of "rights"... Or maybe this is true only for s&s limited editions... (grin)

thanks
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: insomnia question

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

You have an Export copy.
thl

Post by thl »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:You have an Export copy.
Does this have any additional market value ? I don't think so but who knows ? :) Maybe it had a print run of only 500.000 instead of the 1.000.000 or so of the trade edition...

PS: I'm starting to feel like a drug addicted..."hello, my name is thl and I've bought nothing SK related since last monday..." LOL !
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Both of mine (the two variant DJ's) have that. I bought one of them the day it came out. In Texas. I bought the other from a reputable dealer a couple of years ago as a first US edition. Never noticed the stuff at the bottom. Man, I hate all these variants.
More to chase down.

Anyone have a pic of a flap without that verbrage?
Crazyjake777

Post by Crazyjake777 »

I would much like to know the answer to this. I have an edition with this export phrase as well. It does say it was printed in New York, has the full number line, etc. So I would say it was a first. If not I have a book club edition of Insomnia, Export edition, then I'll need to get the varients of the first editions :D The bad thing about being a stephenkingophile is that if I accidently buy the wrong edition or buy a duplicate, I don't have the heart to sell em'. I hope this is a first
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Both my copies of INSOMNIA have the export only phrase. I also bought one copy the day it was released and the other with the switched red and white colors many years later, so I think they were all printed that way.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Sorry folks. It doesn't matter whether it is an export 1st/1st or not, the value is next to nothing.