Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jhanic

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by jhanic »

grog wrote:
jhanic wrote:Hi Chris and welcome to the boards!

Even at the $650 price (plus the $29.30 shipping) is a good deal. You got a great deal! (I wonder where this guy is getting them, though. As he says in his auction, that's dealer pricing.)

John
John

to answer your question, I am a dealer and have been for many years. Not so much a King dealer but I love art books and usually try and sell the really nice ones. I am direct with Centipede press and believe Jerad to be one of the most stand up guys out there. They make some of the nicest products I have ever seen.

Rob
Thanks, Rob. I was just wondering.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hey guys, as you know from today's newsletter (or the front page) the Knowing Darkness cases are available now!

There's a lot of stuff, from sizes to options to price, so If there are any questions/comments please post away and I'll answer as best I can.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

I made a post about this on Shocklines. Someone should do the same over at TDT and Lilja's. These cases came out looking even better than I expected, especially the black stained ones.

Tomas, about how many will be produced?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I already posted it on TDT.com.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

fleggett wrote:I made a post about this on Shocklines. Someone should do the same over at TDT and Lilja's. These cases came out looking even better than I expected, especially the black stained ones.

Tomas, about how many will be produced?
Hey guys, I'm glad you like the case! I had a feeling the black would be popular ;) I should have one for the unsigned edition coming to me around the begining of next week. I'll post pics once it arrives.

These are made to order by hand and time consuming to make so there's not going to be a batch of 100 lined up. Only as many as are actually ordered will be made. Somewhere between 10-20 I would guess.

Remember they're only available untill the 15th.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Got a newsletter in this morning from CP. they're having a labor day sale on Knowing darkness..details below.

================================
Artists Inspired by Stephen King
sale ends soon!
Artists Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft
Low stock annoncements

Friday, 3 September, 2010

Hey everyone,

Artists Inspired by Stephen King is still on sale. New copies in the slipcase are $195, which is $100 off, and new copies in the slipcase are on the web for $695, which is
$300 off.

However, if you respond to this email by Monday afternoon, September 6, you can have a new copy in the slipcase for
$180 postpaid and a new copy in the traycase for $595 postpaid. (If you are outside the United States, extra postage will be assessed.)

Please, if you are interested, now is the time to take advantage. This is a great book which was recently nominated for the British Fantasy Award. The trade slipcased edition weighs 14 lbs and is filled with 448 pages of art.

The traycase edition, which is two-thirds sold out, is signed by 33 artists -- the pages are actually bound in, including Dave McKean, Bernie Wrightson, Michael Whelan, the late Don Punchatz, and even Mark Ryden, whose signed books are worth a bundle. The edition is huge, and a remarkable display volume.

Copies ordered or arranged for by Monday will receive a free set of fold-out prints as well.

========================================
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

I just bought a new copy of the book on eBay for $115 - can't believe the price was so low
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I ordered a slipcased edition, with a slight bump i the case, from CD during their Labour Day 50% off sale.

$75!!!! What a deal.

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can catch up on the hype you've all enjoyed for the last year or so lol.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jimimck wrote:I ordered a slipcased edition, with a slight bump i the case, from CD during their Labour Day 50% off sale.

$75!!!! What a deal.

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can catch up on the hype you've all enjoyed for the last year or so lol.
You're in for a treat. Unmatched production value for the price.