CHEAP PRISTINE HODDER FIRSTS OF FULL DARK, NO STARS

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
FineEditionBooks

CHEAP PRISTINE HODDER FIRSTS OF FULL DARK, NO STARS

Post by FineEditionBooks »

If anyone is interested, I have a handful of copies of the first Hodder hc printing of King's FULL DARK, NO STARS, which is retailing at £18.99 cover, but which I am offering at £12.50 (Pound Sterling) plus postage. It is listed on ABE and I only have a few copies.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: CHEAP PRISTINE HODDER FIRSTS OF FULL DARK, NO STARS

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I was surprised Full Dark, No Stars was not discounted by more in the UK. I paid £12.50 for it at Waterstones, and Tesco are selling it for £12.

http://www.tesco.com/books/search.aspx? ... &Nty=1&N=0

The much larger book, Under the Dome, was only £9.99. Collections usually sell for less than novels.
FineEditionBooks

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:I was surprised Full Dark, No Stars was not discounted by more in the UK. I paid £12.50 for it at Waterstones, and Tesco are selling it for £12.

http://www.tesco.com/books/search.aspx? ... &Nty=1&N=0

The much larger book, Under the Dome, was only £9.99. Collections usually sell for less than novels.

Well, thank you for alerting potential customers to alternative sources of supply.
Very thoughtful, indeed.
shnnrc01

Post by shnnrc01 »

yes,very thoughtful mr.rt.,anytime you can get a book cheaper shout it loud and shout it proud.its a good king community we got here.thx,rt.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Don't forget to compare the total cost including shipping. Sometimes the book can be a little cheaper but more expensive shipping can bite you.
FineEditionBooks

shnnrc01 wrote:yes,very thoughtful mr.rt.,anytime you can get a book cheaper shout it loud and shout it proud.its a good king community we got here.thx,rt.
Congratulations on treating the audience to a line of bargain basement sophistry, which is, certainly, in keeping with your budget-conscious approach to reason, relevance and manners. What, pray tell, has the nature of the "good King community" to do with the matter in hand? What would your response be, I wonder, if you advertised an item for sale in these pages and a third party undermined your chances of parting with it by hyping up the availability of an identical item elsewhere.
Even though my objective was to make cheap copies of the book available to the patrons of this board, I had no great expectations of achieving significant sales - if any - on this forum.
However, the detractor's post served no purpose other than to, gleefully, poopoo my offer and ensure that anyone interested in the book would go elsewhere.
What you are presenting as a mere matter of economics, enlightened members of the genus homo sapiens view as a matter of manners and ethics.
I shan't dwell on it as, in economic terms, calling it "a trifle" would represent an
obese and ungainly overstatement. It is a minimal investment in stock which, if it fails to move now, will, assuredly, do so in the years to come at a much greater profit. However, I find the petulance and pettiness and lack of vision on the part of poster shnnrc01 a little disappointing.
C'est la vie. So gehts im Leben.
Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world.
Arthur Schopenhauer
shnnrc01

Post by shnnrc01 »

what would i do if someone let it be known there were cheaper copies of books for sale other than my own:why i would come on here with dictionary in hand,spout lots of intelligent sounding words,then run home to mama for some nice hot porridge and honey to make me feel allllllll better!!
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

shnnrc01 wrote:what would i do if someone let it be known there were cheaper copies of books for sale other than my own:why i would come on here with dictionary in hand,spout lots of intelligent sounding words,then run home to mama for some nice hot porridge and honey to make me feel allllllll better!!
:)

Was kinda thinking the same lol