Full Dark No Stars limited edtion from CD

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
ELazansky

Re: Full Dark No Stars limited edtion from CD

Post by ELazansky »

Brian from CD confirmed that only the Lettered Edition is signed by SK and the artists. The Limited is just signed by SK.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I was deciding between SOD Vol 2, Riding the Bullet, or the Gift edition of Full Dark. I'm hoping that based on the smaller print run, I made a wise decision in choosing Full Dark first.

Don't get me wrong, I want the other two at some stage, but you know what its like when you can only get one at a time....
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I think you made a wise choice. The print runs of the other two are larger, and you should be able, once the initial surge is done, to pick up the gift editions of those more cheaply on eBay, etc.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

In terms of value, If you're buying straight from the publisher, going for a signed edition over an unsigned gift edition is always going to pay off better. Gift/Artist editions tend to more or less hold their value or may eventually go up over time (think FAB8 gift).

But S/L's will immediatly fetch a 30-50+% mark up the day they hit the secondary market.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Yeah I tell myself "this one will be worth more in the long run" but then the other voice in my head (I loose count as to how many there are), reminds me I'm never gonna sell them anyway lol

Since the S/L are mostly going to be out of my price range, a nice gift edition suits me well. They always look good on the bookcase :)