Galley Proof

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
davidruss

Galley Proof

Post by davidruss »

I have a signed and dated Galley Proof of King's The Dead Zone, could I get more info on any kind on price, rareity, etc.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Galley Proof

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

davidruss wrote:I have a signed and dated Galley Proof of King's The Dead Zone, could I get more info on any kind on price, rareity, etc.
We need to know if it's the US or UK one.

The inscribed US blue one is not so rare. Even I have one. The UK yellow one is rare even when it is not signed.

jhanic

Post by jhanic »

There's also a US Viking proof of Dead Zone:

John
davidruss

Post by davidruss »

I have the blue one just like yours, I actually found mine in a box of old books at a garage sell. I got the whole box for five bucks. But really what amazed me was the signature, I took it down and had it authinicated. Do you know anything more about it
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

If at all possible, please post a picture of the signature. I hate to be a cynic, but fake King signatures are rather common. I don't know where you had it authenticated, but unless they are King experts, I wouldn't trust them too much. Posting the picture of the autograph would help us determine just what exactly you have.

Also, what is the condition of the book itself? If it's in near-mint condition, that's one big plus, but if it shows wear, that would diminish the value considerably.

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I have seen a lot of signed blue NAL proofs. They all seem to be signed with a felt tip pen. Here is mine...

davidruss

Post by davidruss »

I understand the reason why you would need to authenicate the signiture, mine, I was told was in near mint condition, and looking at what the others posted, my signiture is just like the one posted exactly, in blue ink, and dated the same date, but it is not signed to Greg or anyone else. Sorry, but I dont have a way of posting a picture.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Given all that, I'd estimate its value at $250-300.

John