Full Dark, No Stars Slipcase?

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
jimimck

Full Dark, No Stars Slipcase?

Post by jimimck »

I just received the email from Cemetery Dance regarding them offering a Slipcase or Traycase for Full Dark, No Stars. They are offering to do a limited rum, based on actual orders taken over a short time frame.

First question: Tomas, are you planning to do one? I guess that would be based on the answer to question two...

Q2: Do many people think they would be interested in either? Just wondering what the general feeling is about if this book is worth having a slipcase for.

I haven't heard much about the particulars of the book here in New Zealand. Is there a gift/limited edition planned? or just the trade hardback?

Cheers
James
jhanic

Re: Full Dark, No Stars Slipcase?

Post by jhanic »

I personally don't have much use for slipcases made for trade editions. When King's books are published in the hundreds of thousands, what exactly are you trying to protect? When they are provided for the more limited editions (like the Collector's edition of Under the Dome or the CD first printing of Blockade Billy, I can see the use for those. Why pay $30 or more for a slipcase for a book that sells for half that?

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I agree with John. Unless you have money to burn, then it would be nice to buy the slip or tray case. I personally only burn money on the third day of every month that doesn't take place during a leap year as defined by the very rare and hard to find Zoroastrian calendar, of which I have copies available for a modest sum. (WARNING - the postage will kill ya!)
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Thanks guys. I take it that means there isn't a gift edition planned and it is just the trade edition coming out later this year.

Good points you raise about protecting a book worth half as much.

Cheers
James
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Yeah that's exactly right.

HOWEVER if a gift or limited edition is brought out later without a case, I'll will certainly look into it.