Showcase your SK collectibles!

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by TheCollector »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Nice! How many did they make? Do you have an extra one for sale? I have an extra $25 laying around here someplace!
lol - While we're on the subject perhaps you'd be willing to part with that Skeleton crew for the issue price you lucky devil :)
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I received this a day or so ago:

The UK Stand Uncut full proof:

This is one of four that I know of that are in the hands of collectors.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

You've cornered 25% of these proofs known to exist? YEAH BUDDY! The closest I can come to that is owning 2 of the 26 overrun Skeleton Crew copies. That's a measily 7.6%
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Hmm. Why so few? Small print run? Fire in the warehouse?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

That's one of the weird things about proofs--no-one (except MAYBE the publishers, and they're not talking) knows how many they actually print. Don't forget, most if not all the proofs go to reviewers who often discard them after reviewing the book. At least before the Internet and eBay. I don't know how the publishers determine how many to print but they do some weird things. A good example is the more current Under the Dome. Scribner published a (very) limited number of the light blue proofs and sent them out. They somehow then discovered they needed more, so they began sending out hard covers (without dust jacket but with a sticker on the back with an ISBN number) to more people. I've also heard that they published a very few hardcovers with dust jackets with "Proof" printed on the back of the jacket. I don't have one of these.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I finally got me one of the signed and numbered FROM A BUICK 8s. But my paperback copy broke down and had to be towed to the shop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The UK hardcover has to have one of the worst dust jackets in King history. That thing is hideous!

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

As soon as I get some ARCs (if I ever do) I'm going to use these to build a dome of my own (where the books and the authors play with seldom a discouraging word).
Amazon.com.UK was kind enough to send me 4 of the same covers, which is exactly what I expected would happen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

I've read every one of these books and I still can't right, uh, rite, uh, write worth a damn! I want my money back!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

You're missing one--an unused dust jacket variant of the UK edition:

As far as I know, though, there are only three of these in collectors' hands. (The photo is different slightly.)

John