Maitz Remarques

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
Lurker

Maitz Remarques

Post by Lurker »

Wondering if anyone knows if all the Desperation remarques sold?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Maitz Remarques

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Lurker wrote:Wondering if anyone knows if all the Desperation remarques sold?
No. There are 2 on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-DESPER ... 1c10a319bb

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-DESPER ... 19ba6af9fe
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Hmm.
Thanks.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

You might want to ask Juliana.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Well, I'm not really interested in getting another one; I got the one I wanted. And absolutely love it. I was just wondering if they they sold out.
I am getting the preliminary sketch framed in the next few weeks and will post it when I get it back. (Yes, I have the required permission to do so within certain limitations...)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Lurker wrote:Well, I'm not really interested in getting another one; I got the one I wanted. And absolutely love it. I was just wondering if they they sold out.
I am getting the preliminary sketch framed in the next few weeks and will post it when I get it back. (Yes, I have the required permission to do so within certain limitations...)
I mean Juliana would know for sure if they all sold. Maybe she'll even come out of hiding and let us know :)

On a related note...what permissions would you need to frame the prelim sketch? You own it so you can do whatever you want with it I would think.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

I just couldn't imagine they didn't, but...

Sorry, I didn't mean I needed permission to frame it - but to reproduce it. Reproduction rights were not included in the sale - but I got permission to post a pic of the framed work which is a reproduction.

Speaking of framing - has anybody framed a pencil sketch berfore? It's fairly dark, but I'm not sure what type of matte would really make it pop. And it's not very big.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I have one of the prelims myself, although I havn't gotten around to doing anything with it.

To make it "pop" a bit more, i'd make sure not to go white or a dark color..maybe cream, or a red, or even a yelllow mat

Frame would depend on the color of the mat of course.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Well, I looked at just about all the mats, red and yellow a bit much for me. Went with this darker green and really like it.

Expained to my framer what it was from; he said he has framed books before, may have to take "Desperation" up to him and see what he can do.

Thanks to Mr. Maitz for permissions. (http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Congratulations! Thats very nice.

That's the first time I've ever heard about framing a book; if you decide to look into it give us all the jucy details - should be quite unique.