Signatures through the years

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
surly

Re: Signatures through the years

Post by surly »

Oh and Surly, I love how you were able to crop the photos an and put them in order with descriptions on the side, that's awsome![/quote]

I just collect 'em in a powerpoint document and then took a screen capture...nothing to it. Glad it's helpful.

Hopefully we'll see a few more early ones.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

<edited to reduce the width of the photo - SKC> Thanks for sharing it!

I was reading a forum topic over at Palaver that mentioned the UK DANSE MACABRE 1st HC was worth about a thousand dollars. I said "I got that!" and went over to my bookcase to gloat. Imagine my dissapointment when I discovered I only had the trade paperback! BUT, there was a nice inscription in it I had no idea was there, so I decided to share it here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Wow. Think it was Kirby McCauley's?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

He was King's agent in 1981. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his copy. I don't know how you'd verify that, though.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I think it was to Kirby McCauley. I vaguely recall this being a feature of the book when I bought it. I could dig through my records to find out who I bought it from, but I don't have the energy right now.
mosheprigan

Post by mosheprigan »

After seeing the thread of SK signatures displayed here it is very clear that the "squiggle", elongated reverse S, after his name when signing Full Dark No Stars is quite a kind of a "new" pattern of signing that SK had not done before.Name it 'boredom' or playing as signing 400 times in one evening is quite boring and he let himself playing some doodle) . Thread shows that most of SK signatures lack this added scribble , doodle. So SK gave birth to a "new" type of signature .
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Surly it is on page 3 of this section. It is called signatures through the years. Lots of signatures in there.

Bob