Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
thl

Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club

Post by thl »

Hello,
it seems CD sells 5 ARC edition of some unprecised books here to 25 users:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CDERC10

they say:
[blah blah blah]
The members of the brand new Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club 2010 will receive Advance Reader Copies/Galleys/Uncorrected proofs for FIVE different upcoming Cemetery Dance releases before the general public! This is an incredible opportunity to read the biggest releases in horror BEFORE the book comes out in the stores!
[blah blah blah]
* One of these books is already Out of Print before publication, so this is a rare opportunity to read something early that you'll never see in stores!
* Another selection is an unannounced title that will be a must-have for Stephen King fans!
* Another is by one of our favorite authors who has been with us since nearly the beginning of Cemetery Dance!
* Another is a great new novella that is already receiving great acclaim!
* And there's a Brand New original anthology featuring Bentley Little, Ed Gorman, Norman Partridge, and many others, which is also currently unannounced!
[blah blah blah]

let's guess the books they're referring at :)
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Cemetery Dance Early Readers Club

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Cemetery Dance

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
thl

Post by thl »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:Cemetery Dance

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
quote :( maybe this should be 2011/2012 and not 2010... :(
SkippyD023

Post by SkippyD023 »

For some reason I signed up for the one they had last year (must have been a weak moment) and I was not very happy. As usual with CD nothing arrived when it was supposed to. My first ARC arrived 2 months after I had already received the book.

I finally received the last two just last week, over 4 months behind schedule, although I guess that isn't bad for CD considering some of us having been waiting years for some books. They e-mailed me to let me know they were on the way and then the very next e-mail was to see if I wanted to sign-up again this year. I passed on the offer.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

thl wrote:Hello,
it seems CD sells 5 ARC edition of some unprecised books here to 25 users:

they say:
[blah blah blah]
:lol:
Royalecheese

Post by Royalecheese »

CD will never get another dime off me until I actually see Legacies or Lansdale's Horror Hall of Fame in my hands. God only knows they will probably show up during my wake at the rate they are going.

I now have CD set as spam with my email account since most of what they send out is nothing more than them hawking their "reader's club" or "$10 reader's special coupon" or something similar. Considering how many emails I get from them every week, I'm also tempted to send an email to Mindy every day asking her if there is any word on the publication dates of the 5 books I have on back-order. Maybe they'd get the message if I bombed their email account they way they do mine.

I wish they would go back to publishing, and get out of the movie, t-shirt, and Chadbourne "Let me zombie your family portrait" business. They make quality books, but I'm just tired of the B.S.

/End of rant. But I do feel better now.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I haven't gone to the "extreme" of classifying their voluminous emails as spam, but I've seriously considered it. I only have two volumes on back-order--SODII (both s/l and gift) and Riding the Bullet (lettered, limited and gift)--but I will NOT be ordering any further volumes from them unless they are already published. No more pre-ordering ANYTHING!

A few years ago I won one of their contests that consisted of receiving each of their "Novella" series as they were published. So far (and this is at least three years) I've received four books. They were supposed to be published quarterly.

As far as the publication of Legacies goes, about a year ago I got an proof/ARC of this book. It has a publication date of 2000. I seriously doubt there will ever be an actual publication.

John
twerda

Post by twerda »

I too have been very diappointed in the way Im treated as a returning customer. I still have not recieved all my items as of yet and haven't been asked to return for the Early Readers Club ( not sure I would anyway) $66 . I could have bought one really nice book.
T Werda to order
show details 12/1/10

I have a few items that have been on backorder for quite awhile. Since 06/28/10
I was just inquiring as to when I might expect them.
I have the invoice for the backorder of GORMAN07-ARC-ERC- On Dangeroud Ground edited By Ed Gorman , FREEMAN04-ARC-ERC- The Illustrated Stephen King Movie Triva Book
I appriciate your time Tonya Werda

Mindy's response.....
Hi Tonya, thanks for your email. Those items will probably not ship until
the new year, but you WILL GET THEM. Thanks for your patience. ~MINDY

--
Mindy Jarusek, Production Manager
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

I did finally get my copy of Legacies yesterday.

It is very nice. Not sure if it was worth the 10 year wait......
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I got my copy of Legacies a few days ago. Luckily, I responded back in September and ordered my copy (at the original $200 price) then. So I didn't have too long to wait.

CD has begun to be more responsive to their customers ever since the publication of Blockade Billy.

I just got an email today saying the signed limited of Full Dark, No Stars will begin shipping next week.

John