Secretary of Dreams Volume 2

Any questions related to limited editions
jhanic

Re: Secretary of Dreams Volume 2

Post by jhanic »

I think the only way to verify your purchase is to contact Cemetary Dance.

John
Royalecheese

Post by Royalecheese »

Mindy is the contact at CD: info@cemeterydance.com

My gripes about CD run long and deep (10+ years and counting on Legacies and a few other titles that were purchased several years ago that still haven't been delivered and I have forgotten about :roll: ) but at least Mindy answers emails quickly.
servo666

Post by servo666 »

So today I just received a gift edition SOD II from amazon.com (not a 3rd party amazon seller) and was surprised to find that it did not include a slipcase :o

I'll be returning the book.

Has anyone else had received a copy of SOD II from amazon.com without its slipcase?

I can't imagine amazon would have removed the slipcase - I wonder if that is how they received them from CD?
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

servo666 wrote:So today I just received a gift edition SOD II from amazon.com (not a 3rd party amazon seller) and was surprised to find that it did not include a slipcase :o

Has anyone else had received a copy of SOD II from amazon.com without its slipcase?

I can't imagine amazon would have removed the slipcase - I wonder if that is how they received them from CD?
Amazon is selling copies designed for use in libraries. They did not receive them directly from CD, but from another distributor. Brian Freeman from CD has been answering all of these questions over at thedartower.org
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Just got my SOD2s.

Chadbourne remarque in the S/L. Pd a little extra, but what the heck. I rarely get remarqued books. Just one other, actually...

jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Very nice. I don't especially like Chadbourne, but I like that one.

John
FineEditionBooks

Post by FineEditionBooks »

jhanic wrote:I just got the following from Cemetary Dance:
All of the artwork for The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) by Stephen King is now in place, the book has been proofread, and the signature sheets have been completed. Everything is ready for the printer, but after discussions with King's agents, this title is being re-scheduled as a spring 2010 publication. This change was made to accommodate the release of Under the Dome. Also, we recently revamped our website a bit and all of the sample artwork can now be viewed on this one page:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/200 ... olume-two/
I'll believe it when I see it. I'm betting on at least Fall of 2010. I ordered my copy in July 2007.

John
I ORDERED AND PREPAID IT IN OCTOBER 2007.
GROTESQUE!!!
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

servo666 wrote:So today I just received a gift edition SOD II from amazon.com (not a 3rd party amazon seller) and was surprised to find that it did not include a slipcase :o

I am looking at ordering a copy of Riding the Bullet (CD edition) from bookdepository.com, and this post has me wondering if there is a chance it could arrive without a slipcase as well.
Has anyone ever ordered from them in the past? Any thoughts on the likelyhood of it coming with a slipcase?
I have sent them an email to confirm, but its been nearly a week and no reply...
FineEditionBooks

Post by FineEditionBooks »

Lurker wrote:Just got my SOD2s.

Chadbourne remarque in the S/L. Pd a little extra, but what the heck. I rarely get remarqued books. Just one other, actually...

My signed/limited (prepaid in October 2007) arrived a few days ago.
CD asked me for postage, even though I prepaid $50 postage back in 2007.
There is anecdotal evidence of an English collector waiting seven (7!!!!!) years
for a lettered edition from CD, which he had ordered and prepaid, before cancelling it and requesting a refund