Information please

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Alcara

Information please

Post by Alcara »

Hi brilliant site/forum. I was wondering if someone could help me with some information about an artist that did some early work on Stephen King's dust jackets. I know his first name is Don (Donald) and he lived in New jersey-- recently pasted away about 2 years ago. If I remember correctly he did either a Cujo or Carrie book jacket. I am trying to find a book with his artwork for a friend as a gift- but can't remember the last name. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.
Alcara
ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: Information please

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Don Maitz
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Don Maitz is alive and well and producing some nice remarques. Check them out on the home page of this forum.

There is a fantastic new book called, "Knowing Darkness: Artists Inspired by Stephen King", which would make a great gift.
Alcara

Post by Alcara »

Thank you both for your help! :D And I will check out the book.
--Alcara
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

Don Brautigam, perhaps? I seem to remember he passed away some time ago... don't know about the Carrie/Cujo artwork though, I'd have to check my copy of Knowing Darkness...
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Don Brautigham did lots of paperback illustrations:

http://donbrautigam.net/DonBrautigamBoo ... Stand.html
Alcara

Post by Alcara »

biomieg wrote:Don Brautigam, perhaps? I seem to remember he passed away some time ago... don't know about the Carrie/Cujo artwork though, I'd have to check my copy of Knowing Darkness...

It is Don Brautigam- you are right. Sunday I went to my local flea market/antique show that is monthly and looked through a bunch of books from a seller for over an hour. I did manage to pick up a Dean Koontz Dragon Tears for my friend's birthday that was in very good condition for a few dollars. It's a shame that the artist's name is not listed on alot of the older books. Wish I was a little more prepared. I could of asked my friend for the last name of his Uncle Don- but I was attempting to make it a surprise. About 12 years ago I was lucky enough to see alot of his work in his studio at his home- but I was young and didn't realize what a wonderful experience that was.

Thanks again for everyone's help- you have a wonderful forum and the community is very helpful and nice.
Alcara