Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by TheCollector »

nyy3723a wrote:Any guestimate as to when slipcases may be put up for sale?
I COULD even do it now... The design has been sent to the stamper, and the hope is production should start next week. But I would really like to have a finished prototype with the appropriate wrap and stamping in place so people can see what they're ordering.

The original prototype I received was just a blank shell for sizing and mechanism for holding the cards, but nothing that really gives you an idea of what the case will actually look like (besides a generic rectangle).

Anyway, Ideally I'll have this available for pre-order the week between Christmas and New Years AND you'll have a photo of what it looks like.
doktordru

Post by doktordru »

TheCollector wrote:
I COULD even do it now... The design has been sent to the stamper, and the hope is production should start next week. But I would really like to have a finished prototype with the appropriate wrap and stamping in place so people can see what they're ordering.

The original prototype I received was just a blank shell for sizing and mechanism for holding the cards, but nothing that really gives you an idea of what the case will actually look like (besides a generic rectangle).

Anyway, Ideally I'll have this available for pre-order the week between Christmas and New Years AND you'll have a photo of what it looks like.
really looking forward to seeing the concept for the slip/tray case - I'm sure it will elevate the US edition.

Quick question - is there any difference in the Mathew Diffee UTD cards across the different editions, US ltd, US gift, UK Ltd - or are they all the same in the same (poor quality") box?

thanks

A
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The cards are all the same, whether one of the US editions or the UK limited. Same box, too.

John
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I just received a copy of the $75 Collector's Edition signed by King. With that one, it looks like I'll be buying three slipcases--one for each of the $75 editions and the one $200 signed edition.

John
nyy3723a

Post by nyy3723a »

TheCollector wrote:

Fantastic - thanks for the update!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I just pre-ordered three cases.

John
Deadlights

Post by Deadlights »

Awesome, I really like the look of the case. Real leather, too? Pre-ordered!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Guys,

Yep real leather. Normally it would jack the price up incredibly but some other client ordered way to much and never used the rest. So i was able to get a realy good price on it. Their loss is your gain, I have some samples of the stuff with me and it looks and feels terrific!

There were other things I looked into like making a crescent shape like the UK limited edition case, but I was told that would delay production another 3-4 week while a die was made and (once again) add to the cost.
kieron

Post by kieron »

Just pre-ordered mine! Many thanks for organising this Tomas, the finished product looks beautiful and the price is fantastic, especially with the real leather thrown in. With my shiny, new replacement belly band in place and this, my S/L Under the Dome will be complete at last!
kieron

Post by kieron »

Oops! Sent my order with the wrong address attached, sorry! I've sent you a mail with the correct (UK) address, Tomas. Hope this doesn't cause any problems.