Rose Madder 1st DJ question

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Whatsit2ya

Rose Madder 1st DJ question

Post by Whatsit2ya »

The guide from King's site list the Rose Madder Viking First edition as having "First published in 1995 by Viking Penguin" on CP with a 13579108642 number line and a price of $25.95 on the dust jacket.
I have seen Viking editions listed as First(having the # line and date) with or without the $25.95 price on the dust jacket.

Does anyone know which of these is the earlier edition?
ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: Rose Madder 1st DJ question

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

The dust jacket without the price is the BOOK CLUB edition. The books look the same on the copyright page.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

What ur2nd said.

It seems these days the BCE are being printed in the same runs as the trade editions so the ones you see with the print line with a 1 in them are technically the same as the trade edtion 1st printing, but they tend to be worth less due to the BCE DJ which has no price listed on it.
SkippyD023

Post by SkippyD023 »

The Book Club Editions usually have different colored boards from the trade editions as well. In most cases the BCE boards are black (one color) and the pastedowns white. In the case of Rose Madder the trade edition is bound in black with black boards and orange pastedowns. Just another way beside the lack of price on a DJ to tell the trade and BCE apart.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

SkippyD023 wrote:The Book Club Editions usually have different colored boards from the trade editions as well. In most cases the BCE boards are black (one color) and the pastedowns white. In the case of Rose Madder the trade edition is bound in black with black boards and orange pastedowns. Just another way beside the lack of price on a DJ to tell the trade and BCE apart.
Thanks for that Skippy, I didn't go look at my 1/1 to see the color of the boards/end papers I forget about that sometimes.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

One interesting thing I noticed between the BOMC edition of Black House and the trade edition was that the BOMC edition, aside from having no price on the dust jacket, had gold stamping on the spine of the book, while the trade edition was silver. Other than that, the two were identical.

John
Whatsit2ya

Post by Whatsit2ya »

Thanks for the info and the quick replies.