UTD damaged signature page

Any questions related to limited editions
CJ.in.Cal

UTD damaged signature page

Post by CJ.in.Cal »

I received the signed copy of UTD. I was really disappointed to see the signature page was damaged. It wasn't inserted fully into the binding, it was folded twice and part of it was glued to the previous page! Apparently, SK signed a blank page that was later inserted into the book. I am waiting to hear if the publisher will send me a different copy.
jhanic

Re: UTD damaged signature page

Post by jhanic »

Please let us know what happened. One of the members of another bulletin board received a signed copy of which the orange band was torn--inside the shrinkwrap. We're still waiting to see what they have to say about that one too.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

All this fuss about damaged copies, etc. made me finally rip the shrinkwrap off my book. The dust wrapper has some slight scratches on it, as if a pen wrote a straight line on a piece of paper on top of the jacket, and the signature is missing most of the downward spiral of the 'g' in King. It almost looks like another piece of paper was laid against the 'g', on which the rest of the letter was written. Very strange! I checked the signature against my signed Wastelands and the 'g' is more elaborate there. Just being picky, I'm still very happy with the book.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:All this fuss about damaged copies, etc. made me finally rip the shrinkwrap off my book. The dust wrapper has some slight scratches on it, as if a pen wrote a straight line on a piece of paper on top of the jacket, and the signature is missing most of the downward spiral of the 'g' in King. It almost looks like another piece of paper was laid against the 'g', on which the rest of the letter was written. Very strange! I checked the signature against my signed Wastelands and the 'g' is more elaborate there. Just being picky, I'm still very happy with the book.
I don't think you are being "just picky" at all, you paid a pretty penny for a book which only differences from the Trade edition was a belly band and tipped in signed page, oh and some black and white cards. You'd think for $200 they could get it right.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:All this fuss about damaged copies, etc. made me finally rip the shrinkwrap off my book. The dust wrapper has some slight scratches on it, as if a pen wrote a straight line on a piece of paper on top of the jacket, and the signature is missing most of the downward spiral of the 'g' in King. It almost looks like another piece of paper was laid against the 'g', on which the rest of the letter was written. Very strange! I checked the signature against my signed Wastelands and the 'g' is more elaborate there. Just being picky, I'm still very happy with the book.
Can you post a pic of the signature? I"m curious to see if everyone's is the same (basically) or different.
Panicbooks

Post by Panicbooks »

Guess I'm gonna have to open up my S/L out of the shrinkwrap and take a look at the signature page.
I didn't really want to mess with it until I got a slipcase or traycase for it. (hint, hint).
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Panicbooks wrote:Guess I'm gonna have to open up my S/L out of the shrinkwrap and take a look at the signature page.
I didn't really want to mess with it until I got a slipcase or traycase for it. (hint, hint).
LOL it's coming, it's coming! These things don't magically assemble themselves overnight!

PLUS figuring out a way to handle those stupid card packs (other then telling you to just put it on top of the case) is an art, not a science :)
ur2ndbiggestfan

Here's the signature. Am I seeing things or does the 'g' look funny? What did you mean about the playing cards? I put them in the spokes of my bike already!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

I thought his sig was a bit strange when he signed my trade copy in Atlanta too.

Just for reference here is the out of my trade copy:

ur2ndbiggestfan

Christine B - looks like the signatures are the same, so that's kind of a relief. The 'g' in King's earlier books is more fully formed. Maybe he's not doing the flourish because it's easier signing so many thousands of copies that way.
How do you get your pictures so nice and bright without glare? If I use the flash it shines too much. And if I don't use the flash it causes a shadow, as you can see on my signature picture. I also only barely open my hardcovers, just enough to read them, I NEVER open them all the way flat. Maybe that has something to do with it?