New DT Novel coming out.

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

New DT Novel coming out.

Post by TheCollector »

It's all over the other sites, (and thanks to the RSS feeds, here as well) but I'm throwing a forum topic up for any discussion.. kind of surprised no one posted it here already :)

The Wind Through the Keyhole will be the next DT book and from the SK site we've got this from the moderator.

"Stephen has given me permission to pass along that he has an idea for a new Dark Tower book, the working title of which will be THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE. He has not yet started this book and anticipates that it will be a minimum of eight months before he is able to begin writing it."

I think it's waay to early to think much about a book that isn't written but I would expect the following to happen:

#1) Release date late 2011 or later
#2) Limited ed by DMG
#3) Hang onto your numbered Little Sisters to gaurantee a copy of this one at publisher's price. (somewhere between $250 - $350)
#4) A title change before it's all said and done.

Fearless predictions from your fearless leader (Put's his crystal ball away)
jhanic

Re: New DT Novel coming out.

Post by jhanic »

I just hope I'm still around when this book gets published. I'm not getting any younger! :-P

John
lophophoras

Post by lophophoras »

Well, we hope you are still around John.

;)
Last edited by lophophoras on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I have mixed feelings about this news. While I liked the first 3 DT books enough to read the 1st one 3 times and the 2nd and 3rd twice each, I was severely dissapointed in the last 3 volumes. In fact I disliked them immensely. I hope Part 8 is more like the early DT saga.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I am very much looking forward to this. The last three books started feeling like King was getting burnt out writing them straight through (especially after reading the afterword). Hopefully now that he's had a bit of time since finishing the seven books, this new story will reflect renewed energy.
Clacke

Post by Clacke »

I'm thinking that perhaps his involvment and input into the Discordia project got his Dark Tower creative juices flowing again and put him in the mood to revisit the world of The Dark Tower.
needful_things4me

Post by needful_things4me »

Mr. King was asked about this new book during the Q&A at the TimesCenter NY interview. King said this book would not follow the journey of the main characters but fits into the narrative between books 3 and 4 (I think it was 3&4, maybe 4&5). You'll have to forgive me, I haven't actually read this series yet, so I was unfamiliar with the character names he mentioned, but one was a female character.

Sorry I could only provide a few bread crumbs of information.

Andrea
frik

Post by frik »

I loved the first four DT books -they only got better.
The last three were ok, but no more than that.

Let's hope for a return-to-greatness with #8!

sk