Under the Dome dust jacket variants

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
jhanic

Under the Dome dust jacket variants

Post by jhanic »

It appears there are two variant dust jackets for the trade edition of Under the Dome. One (and the one you see most commonly on ebay) has white lettering. The other has dark gray lettering. I went to my local Borders Express and they had both versions in approximately equal numbers.

John
ChristineB

Re: Under the Dome dust jacket variants

Post by ChristineB »

Thanks for the heads up.

I will have to see what my amazon copy is and request the other one if possible when I go to the signing on Friday in Atlanta.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I ordered three copies from Amazon (one for my sister, one for my collection and one for a reading copy) and I wonder just which ones I'll be getting. I have a notice of shipment, but when I click on the tracking number, nothing yet. (I bought a dark gray copy when I went to Borders today.)

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Thanks for the info! I bought a white lettering one at Target today. I'll look for the other tomorrow. So far, that's 12 different states of UTD I've counted so far (including ARCs). I wish I had a money tree in my backyard! No wonder some people, like well known authors, are so rich!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Thanks for the info! I bought a white lettering one at Target today. I'll look for the other tomorrow. So far, that's 12 different states of UTD I've counted so far (including ARCs). I wish I had a money tree in my backyard! No wonder some people, like well known authors, are so rich!
If you're going to purchase multiple copies I'd highly suggest either

1) Supporting your local mom and pop bookstore, if you want them to stick around
2) Go to one of the three places offering the book for $9, this will be much easier on your wallet then Borders or B&N....Amazon/Target/Walmart
ur2ndbiggestfan

Are the $9 outlets mail order only? I ask because I like to dig through books of this size to find one in mint condition if possible. Even the one I got at Target had a few minor flaws I failed to notice at the store. Even though the books may never be worth much on the collectible market I still like them in perfect condition.
I used to go to about six small bookstores in my area for a long time. I hit them on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for years. Then one by one, they were put out of business by the internet and the big chain bookstores. It was so much fun going to them, but that is all gone now around here.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Amazon no longer has Under the Dome for $9. They've reverted to a $17.50 price. I haven't checked Walmart or Target.

John
SkippyD023

Post by SkippyD023 »

jhanic wrote:It appears there are two variant dust jackets for the trade edition of Under the Dome. One (and the one you see most commonly on ebay) has white lettering. The other has dark gray lettering. I went to my local Borders Express and they had both versions in approximately equal numbers.

John

I was at B&N today and only saw the ones with white lettering, I will have to take another look. I was also surprised at how few copies they actually had out on display, no more than a dozen. I suppose the $9 price wars really ate into their expected sales.

I will see what Amazon sends me for my copies and then start the search for the cover I don't have. I will need a whole shelf of the bookcase just for UTD with all the different editions/variants.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

Got my copy from Amazon today, gotta love living really close to thier distribution center. :)

It is the grey/silver lettering one, here's to hoping they have the white lettered ones an B&N on Friday.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Does anyone know if the signed edition also came with two different dust jackets? I still haven't unwrapped mine and so don't know what color the lettering is because of the band.