Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

resrvordog

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by resrvordog »

I'll pony up for a less expensive slipcase in a hot minute, and only from skcollector.

Unfortunately, the S&S description was completely accurate. Ask anyone in the book publishing industry and they'll confirm that the 'case' is in fact the boards, spine, and cover material which is created separate from the text block and attached to it. They can be wrapped in cloth, printed (where the boards are wrapped in a printed image), and in the case of the S/L, stamped. Remember, S&S is a mass market publisher. They are not a specialty press. If you look at the rare occasions where major publishers did elaborate limited editions (The Stand, The Regulators), you'll see those projects were outsourced to folks like Pete Schneider or the folks at Charnal House.

Considering we're talking about a $200 S/L King book, I expect anyone disappointed enough to sell theirs will have no trouble recouping their investment.
deener555

Post by deener555 »

I stand corrected. Being unfamiliar with the bookbinding term "case", I stated that calling a stamped image of a dog a stamped case is ridiculous. A little research turned up the following definition of case: "The cover of a book that consists of two boards, an inlay, and covering material. In a commercial bindery, the case is usually made separately from the text block and later attached to the text block..." You learn something new every day. Now it's time to stop complaining and start reading! Count me in on the $50ish slipcase.
calason

Post by calason »

I can attest to the high quality of both the Salem's Lot traycase and of the slipcases offered here. I vote for a slipcase with the title deboss. I think a simple slipcase would be very elegant and would protect the book while being able to display the spine.
jemaher

Post by jemaher »

I need three
Panicbooks

Post by Panicbooks »

I would much rather have some sort of a case from Skcollector than I would a CD case. I have seen both and am far more impressed with what SKcollector puts out.
crimsonking

Post by crimsonking »

Where did you see the case for UTD that CD is offering? I looked on their site, and I didn't see them. Thanks!
Fsmdr

Post by Fsmdr »

I'm still curious if the trade is the same size as the collector's Edition?. It would be very useful to know if I can buy 2 of the same case to fit both.

Tomas, Any info on that?.
crimsonking

Post by crimsonking »

I have the collector's and the trade editions sitting side by side on the shelf, they appear to be identical in size.
dcutter

Post by dcutter »

I'd prefer a slipcase as described in the $25-$30 range. The s/ltd is not really very special and I think that the slipcase is about as far as I'd be willing to go. Can you believe that they couldn't even come up with a signature page with a statement of limitation!
dcutter
wilden

Post by wilden »

Hi, just joined,newest member. Fantastic site thank you for your efforts
As for the the slipcase or traycase, count me in.
How would you address the cardpack?