Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

Flagg

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by Flagg »

Hi everyone. Good to be here. Unfortunately I only could get my hands on the unsigned edition of UTD as I'm in the UK :cry:

But yes, I'd certainly like a slipcase for it. :)
Fsmdr

Post by Fsmdr »

I would vote on a slipcase in the price range of around $30 as most likely I will need to buy 2 of them. One for the collector's edition and another for the signed trade from the tour. Are they both the same size?.
murph22

Post by murph22 »

Cheaper slipcase for me..
I was also dissapointed in this s/l book.
Royalecheese

Post by Royalecheese »

I regret opting for a slipcase instead of ordering the traycase for Six Stories, but somehow I don't think I'll have any remorse for skimping here. My vote is "yes" to a slipcase, but I would not really be interested in a traycase.
Marco

Post by Marco »

just received a newsletter from Cemetery Dance, they will release two different slipcases and a traycase for Under The Dome.
Tomas, since I'm very pleased with the quality of your slipcases I really hope you'll come with either a slipcase or traycase (or both in case you'd like to satisfy everyone ;)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Marco wrote:just received a newsletter from Cemetery Dance, they will release two different slipcases and a traycase for Under The Dome.
Tomas, since I'm very pleased with the quality of your slipcases I really hope you'll come with either a slipcase or traycase (or both in case you'd like to satisfy everyone ;)

I just saw that myself, and am putting a newsletter out shortly. I will release a case as long as there's enough interest. I'm asking people to go here and vote in the forums. If I get above 50 I'll be making the case.
crimsonking

Post by crimsonking »

I contacted S&S about the poor description that they gave of the S/L, especially about the stamped case. Here is their response: Unfortunately, this edition was not advertised with a "slip case." The "case" of a book refers to the hard cover beneath the dust jacket. If you remove the front portion of the dust jacket, you will see the stamped image of a dog. I apologize for any confusion.

I have never considered the boards of a book to be a "case". Sounds like a lame excuse to me!
Dr. Zorba

Post by Dr. Zorba »

I vote yes, and would like the tray case for my UNDER THE DOME S/L.
deener555

Post by deener555 »

Calling a stamped image of a dog a stamped case is ridiculous. Since we all thought we already paid for a slipcase, a fairly inexpensive case would be my preference. I don't feel that the quality of this signed edition book justifies a real fancy traycase. I don't think I'd want to pay for a case that's a lot nicer than the book itself. I'm sure the story is great, which is the most important thing in the long run, but if you are going to make a limited edition then do it right and make it something special that people will be proud to own.
lmartin87

Post by lmartin87 »

Hi,

I too am disappointed that my S/L edition didn't come with a slipcase. I would be interested in a slipcase or a traycase and would be willing to spend up to $50.00 for it.