DT First Trade Edition???

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
blueskyy65

DT First Trade Edition???

Post by blueskyy65 »

I am bidding on a copy of 'DT 2 Drawing of the Three' hardcover w/jacket and based on the description it has all of the markers of a 1st edition but the seller says that it says 'First Trade Edition' on the copyright page. Is this still considered a collectible first edition?!? I can't seem to find a clear answer online!

Thanks!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: DT First Trade Edition???

Post by TheCollector »

If it looks like this, it's a the 1st edition you're looking for.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

blueskyy65 wrote:I am bidding on a copy of 'DT 2 Drawing of the Three' hardcover w/jacket and based on the description it has all of the markers of a 1st edition but the seller says that it says 'First Trade Edition' on the copyright page. Is this still considered a collectible first edition?!? I can't seem to find a clear answer online!

Thanks!
Yes - if its the Grant "First Trade Edition" than its still a 1st edition.

Its designated as Trade because its not one of the signed/limiteds that came with a slipcase.

Still a collectible 1st though!
blueskyy65

Post by blueskyy65 »

WOW!!! You guys are life savers!!!!!! The auction ends in 13 mins! Thank you so much for the answer!! Yes, the cover does match the cover that you have here under the 1st editions tab and the cover picture that you just sent! I just finished my brother's paperback copy last night and can't wait to start the 3rd tonight!! :D

Thanks again!!
Lauren
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Lauren, did you win the auction?

John
blueskyy65

Post by blueskyy65 »

jhanic wrote:Lauren, did you win the auction?

John

Yes, I did win! Thanks for asking. I haven't seen any for sale before so I am glad that I got this one! Now to track down the rest... 8-)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Lauren,

Don't forget that every US 1st and limited edition has it's own page with details including where to buy the book at the cheapest price at any given time; and the typical value for the book.

Drawing of the three page here
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/limited/dt2.html

Cheapest non-ebay copy at abebooks for $40 (a dark tower ebay search link is also at the bottom of this page)
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/buy ... 7-buy.html

Congrats on winning the auction. It's actually my favorite of the series, both for the art and for the content.