Salem's Lot 1st ed.

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
ChristineB

Re: Salem's Lot 1st ed.

Post by ChristineB »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:An interesting picture
Funny that picture looks just like the one in the sales post for the 1st state dustjacket online. hehe
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

A few Lots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

Impressive!! And I take it this means that you do actually own one of the 1st state DJ's? 8-)
ur2ndbiggestfan

I've had it for over 25 years and I didn't even realize it until very recently. I just hope my dog doesn't eat it.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:I just hope my dog doesn't eat it.
Truer words have never been spoken!

By the way: are you a member of the forum on http://www.thedarktower.com as well? Many SK collectors also frequent that website and there are lots of interesting discussions on all aspects of SK collecting and book collecting going on at all times. Also, many collectors showcase their collections over there. Would be nice to see you there in 'Calvin's Corner' as well :)
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

I think folks over at thedarktower.com would be very interested in that copy of Salem's Lot.

My understanding is that the 8.95 jackets were found many years later. But if you've had your for 25 years.... perhaps some did make it out with the 1st printings? Does yours have a crease down the middle of the spine? Where'd you get it? Does it have the Father Cody error?
ur2ndbiggestfan

Thanks, I will check out thedarktower forum. As far as I know, the 4 existing 1st state jackets were never issued with the books. They were 'released' at the same time as the original printing of the book. Mine is in brand new, mint condition, no folds or flaws. Of course my information may be faulty, but that is what I have heard.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Thanks, I will check out thedarktower forum. As far as I know, the 4 existing 1st state jackets were never issued with the books. They were 'released' at the same time as the original printing of the book. Mine is in brand new, mint condition, no folds or flaws. Of course my information may be faulty, but that is what I have heard.
Yah I asked about the crease down the spine for that reason. Supposedly the four that were found were left overs in an art department cabinet that had been folded and put in a file.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Thanks, I will check out thedarktower forum.
It's a massive forum, the quickest way to get to the Collectors' Hangout is: http://www.thedarktower.com/palaver/for ... ay.php?f=9 (The Calvin's Corner subforum). Hope to see you there!