Under the Dome

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
thl

Re: Under the Dome

Post by thl »

jhanic wrote:Because there were 1500 copies of the signed editions printed, I think asking $400 before they're even shipped is a bit much. Issue price was $200.

John
...and please note that the book was limited to end user and only one copy per person...
Clacke

Post by Clacke »

Another chance for anybody who missed out on a signed limited to pick one up!

http://promo.simonandschuster.com/under ... d-edition/
thl

Post by thl »

Clacke wrote:Another chance for anybody who missed out on a signed limited to pick one up!

http://promo.simonandschuster.com/under ... d-edition/
As one of the people whose order was cancelled, I hope they will end with a lot of unsold copies so they will be forced to sell to non US credit card holders. Unfortunately this will not happen... Shame on S&S :twisted:

Let's hope for the UK S/L edition
Clacke

Post by Clacke »

I wonder will they now allow people who have already ordered one to buy a second copy....... :?:
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Clacke wrote:I wonder will they now allow people who have already ordered one to buy a second copy....... :?:
I'll be trying on the 15th!

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks for the posts! I have it up on the main page, for those who don't hit the forums regularly! Maybe they should miss out, that'll teach em to ignore the forums

Just kidding guys :)

Oh on your question about buying a 2nd book, the page still says 1 per customer. Considering how fast the inital sell out was they'll probably stick to it.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Well, a note (complaint) about S&S regarding UTD signed edition... I wanted to check on the status (though I know there's probably not a change) of my order on their website. I am unable to login to my account and now get a message that says 'this email address does not exist in our system' or something to that effect. This is very interesting as I had just received an 'Author Alert' email from them to the same address not an hour before. To make a long story short, I emailed their "Customer Service" department with my issue and really do not want to wait 3-5 days for a response. It took my about 15 minutes to find their flippin' Customer "service" phone number and when I did, I was informed that THEY COULD NOT HELP ME!! The woman stated that "she doesn't have access to those kinds of orders" (meaning online, individual orders). I asked for another number and she stated that there isn't one.. that I'd just have to use the 'online form.' This is a bunch of BS and about the WORST customer service I've ever encountered!! Especially since they have my payment and I have no way of checking the status of the order! Sorry for the vent, but maybe someone else had an issue with them too..

Thanks!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ouch... I know publishers can be frustrating to get a hold of. It can be extremely difficult if not impossible to get certain book info from them and they're the publisher! (In general I mean, not specificaly with S&S)

My advice is fill out the form and wait for the reply. They clearly have extra copies available so you shouldn't be shafted even if it takes a couple days to sort out.

On a related rant - I called up Mitsubishi last week to ask what size their windshield wiper blades were. I was told they didn't have that info.... "Aren't you the guys that built the car?" I asked. "Yes, but this is the corporate office we don't have that sort of info"....Deja vu of an earlier call to them to ask a question about the car radio.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Wow..I see you can relate! I made one more attempt to contact them..using the main line in NY this time rather than the Customer Service number and got the same result..."customer service"cannot assist with online orders and there is not a technical service dept to assist with my login issue. I did write a second email (in frustration) and hopefully will get a reply soon. I just was so disappointed with them as the entire ordering process went so smoothly for me. I'll post any happy endings...this'll need one for me to be a return customer to S&S!

thanks for your empathy! :)

Anet
Marco

Post by Marco »

@Bounce0320: I had the same experience. Curious about the status of my order but unable to login to my account. I sent an email to S&S customer service and received the following reply from them a day later
"Thanks for contacting us. We still have your preorder on record and it has not been changed. Your account and order history may currently be unavailable due to site maintenance, but I have just double checked to make sure your preorder is in good standing.
I apologize for the confusion. I hope this helps!"
So, I shouldn't worry yet and wait for them to respond. So far I must say customer service has been of great help to me (check my previous posts about the S/L UTD).
Good luck to all who'll try to obtain a copy in the 2nd round!