Little Sisters of Eluria

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
Bob M

Little Sisters of Eluria

Post by Bob M »

Little Sisters of Eluria-I received an e-mail from Grant Publishing that they are now taking orders for the left over signed books. I know that I have been waiting for this since I was not able to get in the two lotteries. Jusat thought I would give a heads up to everyone else.

Bob
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Little Sisters of Eluria

Post by TheCollector »

Hey Bob,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for the post! I saw the newsletter in my inbox this morning and will put a newsletter out here shortly.. In the mean time here's the newsletter in it's entirety.
Welcome to issue #66 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

6 September 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA
1. DELUXE EDITIONS AVAILABLE
2. ARTIST EDITION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA

1. DELUXE EDITIONS AVAILABLE

The economy has been hitting everyone hard and Stephen King book collectors are no exception. Many regular customers who have been buying our signed editions for many years have not bought the Deluxe Edition of THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA.

For the first time since 1982 when we first published THE GUN- SLINGER we are making a signed Stephen King Edition avail- able on a first-come-first-serve basis. Usually we have up to a thousand unpicked postcards in our lottery basket. This year many of the people sending cards have decided not to purchase a book.

Deluxe Editions with numbers under 500 (the number of Deluxe copies of THE GUNSLINGER) must be purchased along with the matching Artist Editions. Those wanting to purchase only a Deluxe Edition signed by Stephen King will receive a number above 500. Please don’t ask for a specific number. They will be assigned from lowest number up in the order of orders received.

We have posted a special web page for these orders:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-DX2-lsoe.html

We will be taking only internet orders (please don’t call the office). Orders will be processed in the order in which we receive your web order. We will take down the page when we have sold out of books but please remember that your order is not confirmed until you have received an email back from us specifically confirming your order.

Because of the unusual economic situation we are willing to accept payment over three months with either three equal post-dated checks or three equal credit card (Visa or MasterCard) payments. Please indicate this in the comment section of the checkout page if you want this option.

2. ARTIST EDITION

Artist Editions are still available and can be ordered on-line.
Please don’t ask for a specific number

TO ORDER ON-LINE GO TO:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-1-lsoe.html

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to our email newsletter. People wonder why our phone is always busy and it’s not just from people making phone orders.

Thank you for your patience.

Robert K. Wiener, President
Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

thl

Post by thl »

it seems that https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-DX2-lsoe.html doesn't exist anymore :(

edit: I've asked and the publisher told me it was sold out as of 5pm EST Tuesday
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

The link is still there but it now says,

Note-We sold out of all Deluxe Editions on Tuesday, 8 September.
They were available on a first-come first-serve basis and sold quickly..

These things are ususaly very time sensitive. I wish I knew how many they had left to sell, since an open sale ending this quickly might give an indication of how fast the limited Under the Dome will sell out. But if DMG was down to 100 copies, that's a lot different then 1,000 copies
needful_things4me

Post by needful_things4me »

Not sure this information will be helpful in figuring out the sellout time on Under The Dome but here is what I observed.

The DMG email I received Monday was time stamped 12:00 am. I found the email and promptly placed an order for the Under 500 and Artist edition, my receipt has a time stamp of 1:01 pm (Eastern). Knowing this was a first-come, first-served opportunity, and hoping my order was placed before the books ran out, I checked to see if the link was still active for the Under 500 option later Monday evening, it was. Sorry, I didn't think to note the time.

Happily, I received a confirmation email from Karen at DMG on Wednesday thanking me for the order and that it will be processed within the next two weeks. I am so excited. I entered the lottery drawing but was not lucky enough to have been chosen through that process. I've been a constant reader since I was a teenager in the 1980s, and this is only my second signed edition.

I hope everyone else that placed an order from this board was able to purchase a book as well.

Andrea
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

I received the original e-mail at 7:10 P.M. Sunday night. I tried to order a signed only at 6:45 A.M. tuesday morning. I received the denial e-mail at 3:00 P.M. tuesday afternoon. I then immediately applied for the under 500 set and got a confirmation at 11:40 A.M. Wed. Do not know if this helps, But the under 500 appeared to be out there a couple of days.
thl

Post by thl »

it seems the detail page has changed:

DETAILS FOR PRE-ORDERS

Available to consumers only. No retail accounts
Limit one book per customer
Available for sale Domestic US only
--> Books ship 11/10/09 (previously was 11/19/09)

edit: wrong thread sorry :)
Last edited by thl on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

thl, don't you mean this for the Under the Dome page and not the LSOE one?

John