Under the Dome

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Under the Dome

Post by TheCollector »

Congrats John, that's sweet!

So... do you always read the story ahead of time or do you ever wait?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Of course I read the story. I NEVER wait!

The story is definitely worth the read. It's one of King's best, in my opinion. Even the ending is satisfactory.

John
thl

Post by thl »

jhanic wrote:Of course I read the story. I NEVER wait!

The story is definitely worth the read. It's one of King's best, in my opinion. Even the ending is satisfactory.

John
Hello John,
can I ask you how did you get a proof copy of the book ? I've tried to contact the local (italian) editor but I think my email was trashed directly :( Do you work for scribner ?

thanks
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

How collectors get their proof is closely guarded.

(He does not work for Scribner, or any other publisher)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jhanic wrote:Of course I read the story. I NEVER wait!

John
lol, I thought so.

Since you've read the book, would you put it up there with his works before the accident? Personally I found the books to get progressivly better after "Cell" where I could see some of his old style of writing coming thru.

While I'm on the topic, anyone think Cell could have realy been fleshed out more, especially the ending? I wanted a few more chapters.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I would definitely put Under the Dome among his better works. The story is awesome, and it has a very satisfactory ending, unlike that of Cell. I agree, I was left wanting more from Cell.

As to my being able to get proofs, I have a number of contacts who know I'm always in the market for King and King-related proofs, both here and in the UK. How I got these contacts, though, I'm not telling. :)

John
kieron

Post by kieron »

Good for you, John, I those kinds of 'contacts' are what you get for being a consistently nice guy for years and never hesitating to help out people who ask when you can, without thought of what's in it for you. You deserve 'em.
As for Cell, I liked it a lot, and I agree on both counts- best non-DT since the accident (although Duma came close) and could have done with a few hundred more pages. On the other hand I wouldn't change the ending, which I loved, I just thought there were more tales to tell about the situation if you know what I mean...
thl

Post by thl »

just got mine :)
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Just got mine also, Quite an easy process. The site was very fast.
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

Got mine ordered too! It actually was very easy. Not like when the first Secretary of Dreams came out on the CD site....