New Site request

Tell me what you would like to see on the forums!
TheCollector
Site Admin

New Site request

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

So I'm feverishly working on the new site. At this point it's mainly moving the data over. There's a lot of it and it's a slow, manual process. However I'm also going to do some new things.

I'd like to know what you guys think would be cool to see. As much as I get that warm glowy feeling from comments like "how could it be any better, it's already awsome" ;) I'd like you to tell me:

Are you 100% satisfied with every single part of the site? Does it have absolutly everything you want, on every book you want? If not put your suggestions here.

Certain things may not be feasable, or may be above my skillset from a techinical perspective....BUT I'll worry about that part, you worry about telling me what you want.
jhanic

Re: New Site request

Post by jhanic »

Tomas, One thing I'd like to see, but I have absolutely no idea on where to get the information, is a listing of the points for the UK first editions. Getting the information for the US ones is relatively easy, but I still haven't found a good source for the UK editions.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

You mean a way to correctly identify the UK 1st editions? (Copyright page, number line, that sort of thing?)
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Yep, just like you have for the US editions.

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

How to Identify UK 1st Editions:
It's on thedarktower.com
I have a copy if you want me to email it to you.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Yes that would be great!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I guess I missed that somehow. I'll see if I can find it.

John
rhinotough

Post by rhinotough »

An item that I think would be helpful to collectors is a guide to the books Stephen King has been a contributor to, such as Dark Forces, Gauntlet 2, Dark Dreamers, etc. While these books may not be novels of King, many of them were produced in limited editions with his signature and it would be wonderful if there was a place that listed all of these books as well as his primary works.

Thanks. Keep up the great work!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

There is a list of all signed SK books on tdt.com here...

http://www.thedarktower.com/palaver/sho ... php?t=1471
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

jhanic wrote:Tomas, One thing I'd like to see, but I have absolutely no idea on where to get the information, is a listing of the points for the UK first editions. Getting the information for the US ones is relatively easy, but I still haven't found a good source for the UK editions.

John
I would like to see this information as well, John. I did find a link to a website that has this information for the books up until a couple of years ago (it's also somehwere on TDT.com): http://www.redeem.freeserve.co.uk/Kingbookpages/

but I'd love to see it incorporated in your site, Tomas!