Dustjacket States of Different Seasons

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
classicalsteve

Dustjacket States of Different Seasons

Post by classicalsteve »

Does anybody know about the two different dustjacket states of Different Seasons? On the first printing of Different Seasons, it seems the vast majority of copies had all the lettering in white on the dustjacket. However, on some copies, the color of the Viking symbol is occasionally shown in yellow where the rest of lettering on the book is white. Is there any priority between the two or were they printed simultaneously like that?
My copy shows the Viking symbol in white matching the rest of the lettering on the dustjacket.
thanks,
classicalsteve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
e_taylor

Re: Dustjacket States of Different Seasons

Post by e_taylor »

Do they both have the 625 Madison address on the back flap?

What about the date code on the front flap?
classicalsteve

Post by classicalsteve »

Yes, data code 0882 on the front flap with $16.95 and The Viking Press 625 Madison Ave NY etc on the bottom of the back flap.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Steve, I posted your question in the Collecting Questions thread in the Calvin's Corner thread of TheDarkTower.com. Maybe someone there has an explantion.

My copy, which I got when it was first published, has the gold Viking logo. I didn't even know the white version existed until your post.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I just checked my copy of this book, which I'm sure I bought the day it was released here, and the Viking logo is YELLOW. I checked the 1st edition criteria and everything matches. Hope this helps.