Bookseller question...

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Carter

Bookseller question...

Post by Carter »

Has anyone had dealings with Bloody Rare Books? Do they negotiate their prices?

Thanks in advance.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Bookseller question...

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I never dealt with them because their prices are far too high. Other people I know have tried to negotiate on the prices without any joy.
Carter

Post by Carter »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:I never dealt with them because their prices are far too high. Other people I know have tried to negotiate on the prices without any joy.
Me included.

Two years ago, I had the audacity to make what I thought was a very fair opening offer on a book they were offering on eBay; as a result, they blocked me from bidding on their auctions. Not a very nice way to treat a potential new customer making a serious opening offer. Very discourteous in my opinion. I can only imagine how much business they've lost out on with those practices. I could never understand why a seller would entertain offers from buyers, and then punitively block them from making those offers, because they didn't like those offers. A minimum offer could be configured so that an auto decline is made by the site. I don't mind paying a fair price for something I like, but it must be fair. I don't expect to pay super inflated values for something that could be obtained elsewhere for a fraction.

I'm curious if anyone here in the forum actually purchases from this seller.
sgc1999

Post by sgc1999 »

wow. thats very uncool to block ANYONE just for trying to negotiate.
There prices are ridiculously high!!!
I reall dont see how they sell anything at all.
Carter

Post by Carter »

Now here is a perfect example. I was browsing through ebay listings last night, and came across an Advanced Reading Copy of a book that I would have bought on the spot (price is a little high but under a hundred, in fine condition, and I like the title), but it's sold by Bloody Rare books. LOL, another sale lost. There was one another seller selling the same, so I purchased a copy from the other seller. That's happened more than a few times over the last couple of years.