Lettered book for charity

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Tito_Villa

Lettered book for charity

Post by Tito_Villa »

The Dark Tower.org is proud to debut "The Cows are Coming" a short story by member Tito_Villa. Featuring original art by Glenn Chadbourne, the story will be published in a Lettered edition limited to 52 copies. Price: $25 (Shipping Included)
Thomas Cranham has offered to donate $15 from each sale to our 2012 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation. Additionally, each person who buys a copy will be eligible for a drawing with the winner receiving one of the original art pieces done by Glenn Chadbourne.
To reserve you copy please Paypal (as a gift) $25 to: dip_dab@hotmail.co.uk or just pm me as payment isn't needed right away.

Excerpt: I would say that around 99.9% of people know what a cow is and what sort of sounds it makes. They are unique, large, slow, cumbersome prey animals. Told to children at a young age through nursery rhymes, a 'moo', along with 'baa' and 'oink' are happy sounds to be found in the farm yard. This 'moo' that echoed through the trees and over hills sent the ducks from the mill pond to flight, stopped Peter and Charlie in their tracks and sent a shiver down my spine. It was wrong, so very wrong. The 'moo' was deep, hard, gruff and throaty. Louder too; so loud that I felt the vibrations in my teeth, which chattered together. It wasn't quite right, more of a 'mahoo' than a 'moo'.
Warm light splashed over my head and fizzled out near the wall at the bottom of the garden. Behind me Charlie had opened the door to let the light escape. "What the fuck was that?" he asked.

Here are some samples of the artwork

TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Lettered book for charity

Post by TheCollector »

Congratulations on your short story! $25 is a very reasonable price these days, and a large chunk is supporting the Haven foundation.

I was wondering if you could tell me the number of pages and whether it's hardback or paperback?
Tito_Villa

Post by Tito_Villa »

Yup there are 42 pages not including the 3 pieces of interior art and the signature page, it's a paperback with a matt/gloss cover and a back cover of textured paper :)

The story will never win any prizes for use of language but i think that it is definitely entertaining!

Cheers
Tom
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Can't wait to get mine!
STEPHEN RODGERS

Post by STEPHEN RODGERS »

Got mine last week ,good little story and a nice fella as well.
Had a looksee at his collection.
I nearly fainted when i saw a 1st UK of carrie as i cant find a really nice one under a £1000.
Now i cant afford one anyway as ive spent a fortune on my VW camper.
Next winter now i think.