1970 U. of Maine Yearbook & 15 Editions of The Maine Campus

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Caroljean

1970 U. of Maine Yearbook & 15 Editions of The Maine Campus

Post by Caroljean »

I have a copy of Stephen King's college yearbook 1970 with his bio and great photos (one full page photo of him) in it. He was a leader of antiwar movement on campus and had very popular column in the Maine Campus newspaper called King's Garbage Truck. (I never would have guessed he would become a horror writer.) I have 15 editions of the Maine Campus(Nov.'67 to March '70) with either his column, editorial, or letter to editor by him in them. All are in good to excellent shape. How or where do I go about selling them? What should they sell for? Caroljean
jhanic

Re: 1970 U. of Maine Yearbook & 15 Editions of The Maine Campus

Post by jhanic »

Caroljean, I have no good estimate on just how much your items are worth. I can only suggest you either contact David Williamson at Betts Books ( http://www.bettsbooks.com/ ) or put them up on eBay and see what they would bring. I personally would love to have them (except maybe the yearbook--that just doesn't interest me that much) but I'm in a bit of a cash crunch right now and could not afford them.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I'd actually be more interested in the yearbook, it sounds pretty neat. I haven't seen one for sale before so it's going to be hard for me to estimate value as well.... Assuming it's not Kings, or that King didn't sign this one somewhere in the book then the value here is more of how many people would be interested in the book and bid against each other to see the photos rather then an inherent value of the book itself.

If you decide to sell it PM me with a price you decide on.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

For info:

I bought a 1970 yearbook from dewolfe-and-wood-books on ebay for $8.00 last November.