Anyone Have Current Estimate of UK "Twice the Power" Proof?

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
George at C-Springs

Anyone Have Current Estimate of UK "Twice the Power" Proof?

Post by George at C-Springs »

All - Talked with an eBay seller today (I had bought some other proofs from him) who has a UK proof of Twice the Power. He asked what I knew about it and how much I thought it might be worth. I told him truthfully that, as far as the print run, not only didn't I know but I don't think anybody else does either. He said he has been told 1 to 25 copies, and there's a thread in the forums mentioning 40. I told him I'd try to get a better answer, so here I am.

As far as price, I quoted him a forum entry from June 2008 that said "$200+ on a good eBay day", but also told him it depends on who wants what, when, and how badly they want it ... could go for $200 this month or $500 next month, you just never know on eBay. I suggested he put it up for offers here and at TDT , as well as eBay, to try and get top dollar.

George
jhanic

Re: Anyone Have Current Estimate of UK "Twice the Power" Proof?

Post by jhanic »

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submit ... store=ZVAB

Now, it looks like there are only two or three copies for sale there--there are duplicates because the seller listed them on separate sites.

I paid less than $200 for my copy a few years ago. I've also heard that the print run was fairly small, but copies keep showing up for sale in the various venues.

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I have the only copy in the world signed by King. :D
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:I have the only copy in the world signed by King. :D
Thats cool 8-)
FineEditionBooks

Post by FineEditionBooks »

The collectors of Stephen King proofs in general and TWICE THE POWER in particular may be interested to know that Hodder printed the sheets and (blue wrappers) for a solo proof of the UK hardcover edition of FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT, but abandoned the project in favour of the TWICE THE POWER omnibus. To the best of my knowledge, only one flat, mint set of the unbound sheets of the solo FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT proof survives, complete with an immaculate, flat blue wrapper.
TWICE THE POWER was not inexpensive to manufacture and is, therefore, in correspondingly short supply. A dozen battered copies were given to booksellers at the 1991 UK Fantasy Con in London - which is almost certainly the portal through which they escaped into the wicked world of the collector - but pristine copies are and always were in very short supply.
The FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT solo proof sheets are almost certainly unique.

Speaking of unique proofs, King collectors seem to be unaware that one of the most precious King proofs is that of the first UK edition of THE GUNSLINGER (yes, DARK TOWER, volume 1) as, to the best of my knowledge, it is the ONLY Gunslinger proof, since Donald Grant did not issue one. Indeed, the UK can claim to have produced a number of unusual (and now quite rare) King item.
George at C-Springs

Post by George at C-Springs »

If you're new to this topic and would like more information on TWICE THE POWER, please see the thread in Limited Edition Questions.

George